• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASTRO CITY TV Show (TBD)

6 posts in this topic

‘Astro City’ TV Series Based On Comics In Works At FremantleMedia North America

astro-city-a-visitors-guide-cover-painti

American Gods producer FremantleMedia North America has acquired the rights to Astro City superhero comic book series to develop as a live-action TV drama series.

The Astro City comics, created by writer Kurt Busiek and artists Brent Anderson and Alex Ross, spans 16 (and counting) standalone yet loosely-connected story arcs containing more than 2,000 original characters. It is claimed to be the last, fully fleshed out superhero universe in the English language comic book business that has not been exploited for the screen. Astro City made its debut in 1995 with Image Comics and is currently published by DC Comics.

Despite the fact that the comic books’ current publisher, DC Comics, is owned by Warner Bros., Busiek owns all of the rights to Astro City, which he will now exploit in TV with FMNA.

Busiek and Rick Alexander will pen the pilot episode. Gregory Noveck serves as executive producer of the proposed TV series, along with Alexander and Busiek, for FremantleMedia North America.

“It’s a thrill to be working with Rick, Gregory and FremantleMedia on this,” said Busiek. “Everyone, at every turn, is supportive, helpful and completely focused on capturing the feel of Astro City and bringing it to life as a TV show.”

This is my secret spec I've been promoting for a bit. I just posted the video on IG.

This is set for release June 8th of this year and no trailer has dropped yet. It stars Sylvester Stallone and he plays Samaritan 20 years after he is washed up. Only a few pics leaked back in January and he wasn't in any costume. It is listed as post production on IMDB. The trailer could literally drop any day!

Good luck getting your copies, 203 total on the CGC census! This also has a ton of other first appearances that could be in the movie. Alex Ross early cover.

Astro City #1. Enjoy!

20210402_094515.jpg

I've encountered a little confusion around this elsewhere so let me clarify a couple things:

There is a movie with Sylvester Stallone called "Samaritan" where he plays Stanley Kominski, Samaritan. This characters first appearance is in Astro City #1. That movie is in post production according to IMDB.

There is ALSO a TV show for Astro City itself in development since 2018, but it is currently on pause due to covid, but that appears to be the only delay. 

So this is a double spec book, Samaritan trailer should drop anyday and should push this issue for Samaritan first appearance and then in the future at whatever date the TV show debuts it should spike again.

The original Astro City miniseries was *amazing.*

And I know it’s “Samaritan” but Astro City # 1 is one of the best standalone Superman stories I’ve read.

”In my dreams I can fly...”