• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcing: LA Ultimate Comic Art & Collectibles Show - July 15, 2018

28 posts in this topic

A couple exciting announcements about the show:

1) We have extended the advanced ticket price of $20 until Thursday, July 12th.  You can continue to purchase tickets online at http://www.ultimatelashow.com/tickets.html until that date.  After that point, you can only buy tickets at the door.  Door price will be $25 - so get your tickets early and save!

2) We are proud to announce two more classic creators who will be appearing at the show courtesy of Flesk Publications:  Wendy and Richard Pini. They will be appearing between 10am-3PM at the Flesk Publications booth.  They will be joining other guest artists at the show including Frank Cho, Gerhard, Mark Schultz, and Jim Silke.  

• Wendy Pini is the co-creator, writer, artist and colorist for America's longest-running fantasy graphic novel series "Elfquest." She has worked for every major comics company, has written and painted two "Beauty and the Beast" graphic novels based on the original TV series, and has birthed a critically acclaimed 400-page dark, futuristic reimagining of Edgar Allan Poe's "Masque of the Red Death," currently in development as a Broadway-style musical thriller.

• Richard Pini is the co-creator, sometimes-writer, and full-time editor for "Elfquest." He has also written books on the art of Alex Schomburg ("Chroma") and Wendy Pini ("Law and Chaos" and "Line of Beauty"). A graduate of MIT in astronomy, and a planetarium writer, lecturer, and teacher, he has written outside of comics on the wonders of the heavens and on the challenges of running a successful two-person company for over 40 years.

Stay tuned for more announcements as the show approaches... what are you doing the Sunday before???

WP-RP 2017.jpg

WP-RP 2018.jpg

One more add to our artistic lineup at the LA Ultimate Comic Art & Collectibles Show!  Announcing that Marco Galli will be appearing at the TDArt table..

Marco “Madman” Galli started as an inker in 1995 with a small company called Mushroom Comics. Later that year he became inking assistant for inker Joe Weems working at Harris Comics, then moving with Joe over to Top Cow and inking some of their biggest titles, such as Weapon Zero, Darkness and Fathom. He has also inked solo for numerous publishers and studios, which include: Liar Comics, Top Cow Productions, Chaos! Comics, Lucky Bamboo, Crime Lab Studios and Devil's Due. Some of his book credits include: Aphrodite IX, Civil War: The Initiative, The Gift, Ghostbusters: Legion, Elektra, Spawn, Incredible Hulk, The Crew, Forgotten Worlds: Exile, Forgotten Worlds: Homeland, BloodRayne: Skies Afire, Venom and The Unforgiving.

Marco Bio Pic small (1).jpg

A couple more announcements before the show.  

1) Aspen Comics and Nostalgic Investments have joined us as exhibitors at the show

2) The Frank Cho/Gerhard exclusive Jungle Queen print has been colored and will be available in both B&W and color versions at the show!

Jungle_Queen_Color.png

If you've been on the fence about buying your tickets, advance ticket sales @$20 will end tomorrow (July 12th).  You will be able to purchase tickets at the door, however that will cost $25.  So, better to purchase in advance if you can.

Once again, I wanted to thank everyone that made it out to the 1st LA Ultimate Comic Art & Collectibles Show last Sunday.  We were pleased with the results of the show – most dealers seemed to be making money and the collectors appreciated having easy access to a top notch line up of exhibitors/art in a relaxed environment.   There were many people en route to San Diego, but also others who weren't going down to the show and were excited to be able to get a shot at buying the variety of material in the room.  

We’ll continue to gather feedback on how we can continue to improve, but we received overwhelming encouragement to continue the show.  So, please save the date for the show next year on Sunday July 14, 2019!  Details to follow.

For those that couldn’t attend, we wanted to give everyone a little feel for what it was like to be there along a deeper dive look of the art that was brought out to the show.  Check out two videos we produced re-capping the show: one focused on the dealers at the show and one focused on the artists. These videos are just one more thing we wanted to do to make this show a little different.  They can be found by going to the show website (www.UltimateLAShow.com) or you can link to them directly here: 

Dealers:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LpM8h5ppoY&feature=youtu.be

Artists:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMdVK9I-Ao&feature=youtu.be

Again, thanks to all the dealers and collectors that supported us.  And for those that couldn’t attend, we hope to see you next year!

3 hours ago, comiconxion said:

Once again, I wanted to thank everyone that made it out to the 1st LA Ultimate Comic Art & Collectibles Show last Sunday.  We were pleased with the results of the show – most dealers seemed to be making money and the collectors appreciated having easy access to a top notch line up of exhibitors/art in a relaxed environment.   There were many people en route to San Diego, but also others who weren't going down to the show and were excited to be able to get a shot at buying the variety of material in the room.  

We’ll continue to gather feedback on how we can continue to improve, but we received overwhelming encouragement to continue the show.  So, please save the date for the show next year on Sunday July 14, 2019!  Details to follow.

For those that couldn’t attend, we wanted to give everyone a little feel for what it was like to be there along a deeper dive look of the art that was brought out to the show.  Check out two videos we produced re-capping the show: one focused on the dealers at the show and one focused on the artists. These videos are just one more thing we wanted to do to make this show a little different.  They can be found by going to the show website (www.UltimateLAShow.com) or you can link to them directly here: 

Dealers:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LpM8h5ppoY&feature=youtu.be

Artists:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMdVK9I-Ao&feature=youtu.be

Again, thanks to all the dealers and collectors that supported us.  And for those that couldn’t attend, we hope to see you next year!

Hey, just a big thanks for putting on this great show! Had an awsome time. Being mostly a comic book collector I spent most of my time in the room across the hall but did spend some time in the art room. I was very impressed by the amount of dealers and quality art in the room. The guests and artists were very gracious and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

The comic room was off the hook. Most every dealer I would have seen in San Diego was there with quality inventory. I probably bought at least something from about every one in the room. I am "one of those guys". The ones that have given up the SDCC. And the word going around was that I am far from being alone. I couldn't have asked for a better replacement than your show.

Suggestions... Slightly bigger dealer rooms. Not real big but bigger. I got the feeling that dealers did well and the word has spread.I'm sure some had to be turned away due to the size of the room.  Also two days would be nice. I heard some people, before the show ran complain about the hours being too short. If a one day show, maybe open an hour or so longer. The general location is great. I heard a little whining about parking but I parked in the lot next door with no problem. Really nothing but praise though. Everybody worked very hard to put on a great show that was VERY affordable to attend weather a dealer or buyer. Thanks!