• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Announcing: LA Ultimate Comic Art & Collectibles Show - July 15, 2018

28 posts in this topic

I wanted to draw this group's attention to a new post I just created in the Events section for the LA Ultimate Comic Art & Collectibles show that will premiere on Sunday, July 15, 2018 at the LAX Hilton.  

This is an event that collectors and dealers have expressed interest in doing for a number of years and thanks to help from Steve Morger, Steve Wyatt, and Prop Store of Los Angeles, I'm glad to announce that this year we'll be hosting the first official comic art show in California!  We wanted to provide an alternate way for serious collectors to view all the great art that is being brought out to the West Coast for San Diego and also provide a venue for other collectors and dealers who have great art to sell to display their art to the public.  What's a little different at this show is that you'll also find a selection of illustration art and authentic television and movie props that "ultimate collectors" may be interested in to build their collections. 

We'll also have some great artists in attendance at this show including Frank Cho, Gerhard, and Mark Schultz (Mark is appearing courtesy of Flesk Publications).

So far, we've gotten great support from the dealer community and we hope to make it an event that many local collectors and those within flying distance will want to attend.  We have almost sold out of the 70 tables we have available, but if you have an interest in setting up, please feel free to reach out to me (comiconxion@hotmail.com) and I'll do my best to accommodate you. 

Details about the show can be found at www.UltimateLAShow.com including an up-to-date list of dealers that will be in attendance and ticket ordering information.  Admission to the show will also get you into the Torpedo Comics Collectors Convention (torpedocon.com) which will be hosted in the hall next door and feature over 50 tables of premium comic books.  Attendance will be limited to 1,000 people so please get your tickets early!  

We hope to see many of you at the event and are excited to be able to offer this show to the community.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM or post on these boards. 

LA_Ultimate_Logo.png

Edited by comiconxion

@comiconxion, I mentioned this in the Comics General thread that focuses more on the Torpedo Comics-sponsored half of this show, but was wondering if you'd consider expanding the end time from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm?

Going to be so many quality dealers at this show that I think two extra hours of shopping opportunity would be good for everyone!

I understand that marketing/promotional materials have already been printed and the hours may be locked in, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask...

8 minutes ago, silverseeker said:

@comiconxion, I mentioned this in the Comics General thread that focuses more on the Torpedo Comics-sponsored half of this show, but was wondering if you'd consider expanding the end time from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm?

Going to be so many quality dealers at this show that I think two extra hours of shopping opportunity would be good for everyone!

I understand that marketing/promotional materials have already been printed and the hours may be locked in, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask...

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll bring it up to the other partners who are bringing you the show the next time we meet, but as of right now, we're somewhat limited as we will need to allow time for the dealers to break down and pack up their things at the end of the day.  There's a limit on when we need to vacate the space at the hotel.  That makes it a little harder to extend the hours for a one day show like this.  

1 minute ago, comiconxion said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll bring it up to the other partners who are bringing you the show the next time we meet, but as of right now, we're somewhat limited as we will need to allow time for the dealers to break down and pack up their things at the end of the day.  There's a limit on when we need to vacate the space at the hotel.  That makes it a little harder to extend the hours for a one day show like this.  

Totally makes sense...thanks for the quick response, @comiconxion!

Edited by silverseeker

Kept it simple by booking HIlton LAX 2 dbl beds via Booking.com that was a bit less in fees :news: than reserving same non-smoking room direct via Hilton hotel's site.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

I just talked with the Event Coordinator at the LAX Hilton.  If you would prefer to have 2 beds instead of a single King bed at the Hilton for the Convention rate (of $135 + taxes), you can simply book the King bed via the link provided on the UltimateLAShow.com website and call or e-mail the Event Coordinator (Nicole Gomes) and she will manually switch your reservation to an alternate configuration.  You can reach Nicole at 310-410-6184 or e-mail her at Nicole.Gomes@Hilton.com.  When you contact Nicole, please provide her with your confirmation # for your reservation.   

18 hours ago, comiconxion said:

the LAX Hilton.  If you would prefer to have 2 beds instead of a single King bed at the Hilton for the Convention rate (of $135 + taxes), you can simply book the King bed via the link provided on the UltimateLAShow.com website. You can reach Nicole at 310-410-6184 or e-mail her at Nicole.Gomes@Hilton.com.  When you contact Nicole, please provide her with your confirmation # for your reservation.   

Thanks for this great info. Ultimate LA Show website link to the Hilton LAX hotel seems to have greater availability of rooms at the generously discounted Show rate for Sat. July 14/18 night's stay. May be starting to sell out of the comicon allotment at the discounted $135 rate for Sun. July 15/18 night as it is greyed out "pending confirmation #" on the hotel link.

21 hours ago, comiconxion said:

the LAX Hilton.  If you would prefer to have 2 beds instead of a single King bed at the Hilton for the Convention rate (of $135 + taxes), you can simply book the King bed via the link provided on the UltimateLAShow.com website and call or e-mail the Event Coordinator (Nicole Gomes) and she will manually switch your reservation to an alternate configuration.  You can reach Nicole at 310-410-6184 or e-mail her at Nicole.Gomes@Hilton.com.    

Good customer service from Nicole Gomes of Hilton LAX who replied to my email in less than 30 mins to confirm the switch from 1 king bed to a :foryou: 2 dbl bed room. No problems.

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎04 at 4:39 PM, comiconxion said:

More updates to come...

Was not able to reserve 3 tix from Canada on the slow Ultimate Comic Art page. Site kept on changing the check out cart cost from $60 USD down to $20 USD then would not toggle to page where one actually inputs cr card info. Not sure if one needs to join the Ultimate email membership list before collector can check out online. I was planning on picking up the 3 tix from LAX Hilton Hotel. :shy: Will try again next week.

4 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Was not able to reserve 3 tix from Canada on the slow Ultimate Comic Art page. Site kept on changing the check out cart cost from $60 USD down to $20 USD then would not toggle to page where one actually inputs cr card info. Not sure if one needs to join the Ultimate email membership list before collector can check out online. I was planning on picking up the 3 tix from LAX Hilton Hotel. :shy: Will try again next week.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll have the tech team check into this to understand what may be happening.  I'll send you a PM once I hear back.

Edited by comiconxion

On 4/18/2018 at 7:05 PM, comiconxion said:

I'll have the tech team check into this to understand what may be happening.

OK, was able to prepay for 3 Ultimate/Torpedo con tix from a different computer. The Ultimate Show :acclaim: site seems to be working well to accept international payments now.

3 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

OK, was able to prepay for 3 Ultimate/Torpedo con tix from a different computer. The Ultimate Show :acclaim: site seems to be working well to accept international payments now.

Glad to have you coming!

Those who follow Frank Cho's Instagram may have caught a glimpse of an exclusive that we're planning for the LA Ultimate Comic Art & Collectibles Show... the very first collaboration between our two headline artists - Frank Cho and Gerhard.  If all goes according to plan, we'll be offering a high quality limited edition print signed by both artists at the show.  For this collaboration, Frank has drawn an amazing new Jungle Queen image in the foreground and Gerhard will be adding on his fantastically detailed backgrounds to further bring it to life.  

If you're a fan of Frank's or Gerhard's, make plans to be at the show to get this frameworthy exclusive!  Stay tuned to see Gerhard add his magic!

JungleQueenTrex_Cho.jpg

8 hours ago, shadroch said:

I'm flying in that morning. Is there a shuttle to the hotel?

Pretty sure there is a shuttle to Hilton LAX hotel from LAX. There is also a car rental place built into neighboring hotel so should be shuttle available. I will be part of the 3 amigos from Vancouver, BC attending this show.