• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SS Signature Certification without CGC present
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I plan on having Stan Lee sign some comics at an upcoming comic convention. However there are no CGC personnel planned to attend and to offer CGC certification for the SS. How can I get the comic certified for SS prior to submission for grading?

5 hours ago, JoeDo5 said:

I plan on having Stan Lee sign some comics at an upcoming comic convention. However there are no CGC personnel planned to attend and to offer CGC certification for the SS. How can I get the comic certified for SS prior to submission for grading?

I'm sure that if stan lee is officially signing there will be some type of CGC facilitator and witness there....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

it just might be under another name like "anastasia collectibles" or whatever they're going by now and also I'm sure that there are other facilitator's licensed by CGC that should be there.....

What is the name of the convention????

look for another CGC facilitator or CGC authorized witness who might be there.  You should contact the company facilitating the Stan Lee sigs.  They usually provide the service.

What is the convention?  I'm not aware of ANY shows or conventions that Stan Lee will be attending right now.

I'm not sure now that Max is out of the picture, if companies like Anastasia's Collectibles still has a deal with Stan and company right now.

Again what is the show you are talking about?

Edited by RadiantGraphix

Stan is attending Silicon Valley Comic Con. After many questions whether he would attend due to health and team shakeups he has confirmed and they've resumed selling signing tickets for all days. CGC is not going to be at the show officially. I also am looking for more information as to how witnessed sigs will work with him there. I'd imagine someone will be present and make themselves known for witnessing, but any additional info people may have and can provide would be swell. Thanks!

Edited by sorb3t

Yes, Stan will definitely be attending and signing at the Silicon Valley Comic-Con next week. I was also wondering if CGC will have someone there to verify sigs, as I plan to have a few books signed. So far, only JSA is listed as the official autograph signature presence there. Will they count as CGC facilitators? 

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:23 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

it just might be under another name like "anastasia collectibles" or whatever they're going by now and also I'm sure that there are other facilitator's licensed by CGC that should be there.....

What is the name of the convention????

Silicon Valley Comic-con. I contacted Excelsior/Anastasia Collectibles today. They will not have anyone there to provide certification or CGC submission services.

5abd7a103df16_ScreenShot2018-03-29at4_40_21PM.thumb.png.552664f5a1f84f9d56573dbb8d3de337.png

Was going through the CGC Online Submission Form and SVCC does in fact show up in the list of shows that they will be accepting drop-offs. Not sure if this means that there will be a witness for signatures though. And I'm not sure when the last time this list was updated. I'll try and submit my books and will update if they accept them or not. Crosses fingers.