• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torpedo Comics offers an alternative to SDCC
4 4

263 posts in this topic

OK, less than a week away!  :banana:

I'm cutting my vacation/buying trip short by one day and flying back to hit this one.

So, who's going? I want to be able to say Hi to most of you and maybe avoid a few others...:baiting:

Who's kidding who? I'll probably have my nose so deep in long boxes, I won't even know who is there anyway. :roflmao:

I will be there.  Probably wearing a  knit shirt that one of the EBAY COMICS chat board members made up back in maybe 2001?  Not sure who was there or got one but it had a chatboard "seal of approval"  patch.  I know there are quite a few refugees  from that place.

If not that  then  a t-shirt  with that shows just a portion of the classis S shield as the outer shirt is being ripped open

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Well worth the drive up Mitch. I suspect this will remind you of the golden days of SDCC. Us LA guys plan on picking the stock of these dealers clean on Sunday!

Robot Man hopefully you can get a ton of great pics.  Should be good times.

Alright. :banana: Today is the day.

Come on LA comic fans. Get up from your computers and come out and support this show and the dealers that are going a bit out of their way for us.

I hope to post a report with pictures in GA in my Son of 50 year Junk Obsecession tonight when I get home.

Edited by Robot Man

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Alright. :banana: Today is the day.

Come on LA comic fans. Get up from your computers and come out and support this show and the dealers that are going a bit out of their way for us.

I hope to post a report with pictures in GA in my Son of 50 year Junk Obsecession tonight when I get home.

Get good and close to the book's so we can really see them from far and up.:whee:

47 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

too much drive not enough show hours with SDCC on wed, see you guys at SDCC

Mitch what are your thoughts on the show being on a Sunday instead of Saturday?  Seems like for a one day show Saturday would be the better day.

SDCC doesn't officially start until Thursday.  Setups on Wednesday.  That's 5 or 6 extra days on food, gas and hotels from a dealers perspective that adds up real quickly.

51 minutes ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

Mitch what are your thoughts on the show being on a Sunday instead of Saturday?  Seems like for a one day show Saturday would be the better day.

SDCC doesn't officially start until Thursday.  Setups on Wednesday.  That's 5 or 6 extra days on food, gas and hotels from a dealers perspective that adds up real quickly.

Sdcc starts Wednesday night with preview night. Has for years now.