• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mega Rare Error Comic: New Teen Titan #6 $1,150,000!!
3 3

74 posts in this topic

Just now, Mercury Man said:

I am afraid he would accept, then I would be in the hook for $1000, which is still $990 dollars more than I would be comfortable spending on that book.  (I mean the holder and microchamber paper is worth a few bucks right?)

Dont submit a best offer, just message him asking if he'd take $1000.  You are then not on the hook for anything if he said ok pay merely respond No I didnt want to buy it I just was asking if you would take $1000.

7 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Next week will be the one year anniversary since this thread started.  Should we send the seller something nice, since it is still for sale?  I am shocked nobody gobbled it up by now. 

A year is nothing in the shelf life of over-ambitiously priced books. I've seen some of the same books with insane prices listed on ebay for many years.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Dont submit a best offer, just message him asking if he'd take $1000.  You are then not on the hook for anything if he said ok pay merely respond No I didnt want to buy it I just was asking if you would take $1000.

Yes. If someone offers him $1000 and he accepts, then they're on the hook for $1000, unless he's willing to cancel it upon request. And if he could sell it for $1000, why would he want to cancel it?

Edited by James J Johnson

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes. If someone offers him $1000 and he accepts, then they're on the hook for $1000, unless he's willing to cancel it upon request. And if he could sell it for $1000, why would he want to cancel it?

Just message him I said!  No hook! :makepoint:

On 3/25/2018 at 2:41 PM, James J Johnson said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Rare-Error-Comic-DC-Teen-Titans-6-Marvel-Two-In-One-74-Inside-CGC-7-5/263527921090?hash=item3d5b7cf5c2:g:yX0AAOSwXvdamY1o

Bling, Bling! :roflmao:

And as an aside, paging Joey Post; Why is the cover shifted up with what looks to be four distinct, different staple holes at that loose bottom staple?    hm

Shit.jpg

Stinks.gif

my question would be why does cgc list it as a tee titans book but wth marvel 2 in 1 interiors?  the interiors would show the indica no? thus stating its a 2 in 1?  can you find an action comics 1 cover and put it on any book and cgc recognizes it as an action 1?

55 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

I am afraid he would accept, then I would be on the hook for $1000, which is still $990 dollars more than I would be comfortable spending on that book.  (I mean the holder and microchamber paper is worth a few bucks right?)

I have dozens of holders and sheets of microchamber paper sitting in my garbage can, so I would have to say no. 

1 minute ago, joeypost said:

I have dozens of holders and sheets of microchamber paper sitting in my garbage can 

:flipbait:

1 hour ago, nickwire said:

my question would be why does cgc list it as a tee titans book but wth marvel 2 in 1 interiors?  the interiors would show the indica no? thus stating its a 2 in 1?  can you find an action comics 1 cover and put it on any book and cgc recognizes it as an action 1?

Yes, I'd love to see the indicia. Otherwise anybody with these two books and a bit of skill has a 'rare and valuable' book, right?

1 hour ago, Juno Beach said:

Yes, I'd love to see the indicia. Otherwise anybody with these two books and a bit of skill has a 'rare and valuable' book, right?

The guy who assembled this lacks anything that can be remotely related to skill. The unnaturally manipulated seating and highly suspect area surrounding that bottom staple is a testimony to his lack of skill. With even a moderate amount of skill applied, I, Lion's Den, Joey Post, Kav, and some others wouldn't have been able to pick up on it like we did.

Edited by James J Johnson