• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD #1 Museum Edition LE100, Ohio 2004
1 1

156 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

This was produced in 2004, shortly after the original issue came out. The first Image First was not until 2010.

This was not created to capitalize on the value of TWD #1, it was worth that much then.

These are proven counterfeits. Why would you think they're actually from 2004?

4 hours ago, Juno Beach said:

These are proven counterfeits. Why would you think they're actually from 2004?

You're right. That story could be a farce as well.

It seems to be the only information available, copy and pasted to all international eBay sites. There is one site that lists where the cover was supposedly printed. Again, all other info. is the same.

Edited by ygogolak

20 hours ago, Bill manship said:

I bought one of these when they first came out.. paid 150$. So hopefully it's real! But reading all the info on it now is making me nervous. 

IMG_20171227_121932_044.jpg

WTTB

How did you get one when the "came out" if it was supposed never released? Where did you purchase it from?

I'm still new to collecting. Buy the odd book to get it graded. This was one of the odd ones I bought just to get it graded. Rookie mistake not knowing cgc won't touch museum editions I sent it in to them. I should be getting it back from cgc this week. Most likely ungraded. When I get it back I will take tons of pics for everyone. I bought it from ebay like 6 months ago or longer.. before the price went crazy. Here's my question for everyone.  What do I do with it now.. 

3 minutes ago, Bill manship said:

I'm still new to collecting. Buy the odd book to get it graded. This was one of the odd ones I bought just to get it graded. Rookie mistake not knowing cgc won't touch museum editions I sent it in to them. I should be getting it back from cgc this week. Most likely ungraded. When I get it back I will take tons of pics for everyone. I bought it from ebay like 6 months ago or longer.. before the price went crazy. Here's my question for everyone.  What do I do with it now.. 

If it's within 6 months maybe you can call your credit card company for a chargeback and return it to the seller.  Contact them and ask them if they knew it was counterfeit - if they did then maybe they'll willingly refund you.  If they didn't know maybe they can work something out with you.  At any rate, anything more than $1 investment for novelty reasons (and for covering the cost of replicating ink on paper) - to me - is a waste on $ on this.  So do whatever you can to get your $ back on this. I know that's what I would do, at least. Good luck, whatever you decide to do with it!

5 minutes ago, Bill manship said:

Keep it. If you choose to resell it, be upfront about the fact that it's a counterfeit book.

9 minutes ago, Bill manship said:

:facepalm:

I don't see the problem with cgc grading it.. As long as they put a giant green label on it with incomplete grade and note  whatever reprint / photocopy version it  is  and that the original cover has been removed and replaced by non official alternative. 

1 hour ago, Bill manship said:

I thought you bought it when it first came out?

It might be to late to return it but I will for sure be sending the seller a message. In the end I will probably just keep it. Didn't sink to much money in it. I bought it when it first came out on ebay. Before any were sent to pgx. Mine was 26/100. I did look threw the book. If it is a fake they did a good job making it. It does look like the first walking dead not image firsts. It had a 04 date in the credits in the front. I will post pictures here when I get it back.

53 minutes ago, Bill manship said:

It might be to late to return it but I will for sure be sending the seller a message. In the end I will probably just keep it. Didn't sink to much money in it. I bought it when it first came out on ebay. Before any were sent to pgx. Mine was 26/100. I did look threw the book. If it is a fake they did a good job making it. It does look like the first walking dead not image firsts. It had a 04 date in the credits in the front. I will post pictures here when I get it back.

hm

2 hours ago, Bill manship said:

CGC grades museum editions. Interested to see what they do with this one though.

I am really surprised that no one is talking about the Seller that profited off of unsuspecting buyers making thousands from a FAKE!  The guy is a Comic Dealer...that's all he sells on eBay! He relied on his good reputation as a comic dealer with the help of PGX's awesome "authentication" to pass this off as a legit book. Judge for yourself...this was the last auction that ended before the most current one was pulled:  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-1-PGX-9-8-NM-MT-RARE-2003-Museum-Edition-Variant-20-100-Like-CGC/162941121975?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

5 minutes ago, Bowchigabowwow said:

I am really surprised that no one is talking about the Seller that profited off of unsuspecting buyers making thousands from a FAKE!  The guy is a Comic Dealer...that's all he sells on eBay! He relied on his good reputation as a comic dealer with the help of PGX's awesome "authentication" to pass this off as a legit book. Judge for yourself...this was the last auction that ended before the most current one was pulled:  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-1-PGX-9-8-NM-MT-RARE-2003-Museum-Edition-Variant-20-100-Like-CGC/162941121975?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

See that all of his other books are CGC makes me wonder if they bounced this one.

1 hour ago, Bowchigabowwow said:

I agree, that is the only thing I take from this whole TWDM fiasco. Someone with a reputable history on eBay took advantage of others. BTW there are 2 sellers involved in this. The raw copies were sold by nesman2014 and the graded ones were by wonder_tunes_comics Im sure theyll NEVER own up to their wrong doing and sadly never see trial. There are hundreds of con artists on eBay selling counterfeit memorabilia items with reputation to boot and they hardly ever get caught