• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD #1 Museum Edition LE100, Ohio 2004
1 1

156 posts in this topic

Just now, ygogolak said:

You quoted one sentence out of an entire thread of conversation.

Are there CGC graded Museum Editions?

Furthermore, you simply repeat information that I have already stated. (European Museum Editions which are still being produced). Making it look like what I have posted is incorrect.

I quoted your entire post, in context, and responded, in context. The broader context has nothing to do with your specific comment in this instance.

Again: just because people correct you, doesn't mean you can say they're "taking your statement out of context." You still haven't said HOW it was taken out of context. "You quoted one sentence out of an entire thread of conversation" doesn't explain how it was taken out of context.

You said...and I quote again: ""CGC grades museum editions. Interested to see what they do with this one though." to which I replied "no, CGC does not grade museum editions, and which I expanded by saying they DID grade museum editions at one time, but stopped doing so a very long time ago, which is why there are "CGC graded museum editions." What they will "do with that one" is refuse to grade it, for the reasons laid out above.

As far as "repeating information that you already stated", that's not relevant. I posted information that I wished to post; if it contains elements which echo yours, why is that an issue...? 

This really isn't as difficult as you'd like it to be. 

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:
2 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

I don't care.

Haha, then why quote and respond?

Why are you being so confrontational? That's a rhetorical question: you're being unnecessarily confrontational to people who are only trying to discuss.

1 minute ago, I like pie said:

They actually did grade museums again for a very short time when they introduced the new slab without the inner well. I had 4 done:flipbait:

Oh yeah, they did...in the "interim period" in early 2016, right? With that travesty of a mylar "slab" they tried to introduce...?

I remember people being excited...you, probably...that they were grading them again.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Haha, then why quote and respond?

Because there are lots of people reading this other than those participating.  And different people find different things persuasive, from an evidence standpoint.  And the reason i know these are fakes is because I was actively participating in the WD market at the time, and I continued to be involved through about 2013.  I also was very active in the convention scene in Ohio at the time, again through about 2014. I don't need to see them to know that they are fake and not created contemporaneously with the proposed time line.

14 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Oh yeah, they did...in the "interim period" in early 2016, right? With that travesty of a mylar "slab" they tried to introduce...?

I remember people being excited...you, probably...that they were grading them again.

Very! They still look amazing and haven't shifted or showed and pressure damage. Brittany was even kind enough to do one after they brought the inner well back. Had to get my Turner cover slabbed. Just cost me a dozen roses.

10 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Because there are lots of people reading this other than those participating.  And different people find different things persuasive, from an evidence standpoint.  And the reason i know these are fakes is because I was actively participating in the WD market at the time, and I continued to be involved through about 2013.  I also was very active in the convention scene in Ohio at the time, again through about 2014. I don't need to see them to know that they are fake and not created contemporaneously with the proposed time line.

Okie dokie....nobody said you did.

I'm simply asking for the origin of this book. Is the proposed story listed in the eBay listings false? Probably, but the only person who has commented so far that could possibly provide any credible information on purchase has not responded.

2 minutes ago, I like pie said:
18 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Very! They still look amazing and haven't shifted or showed and pressure damage. Brittany was even kind enough to do one after they brought the inner well back. Had to get my Turner cover slabbed. Just cost me a dozen roses.

Thanks for reminding me; I'd forgotten all about it. If I had known it was going to be such a small window, I would have gotten mine slabbed. Argh!

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I'm simply asking for the origin of this book. Is the proposed story listed in the eBay listings false? Probably, but the only person who has commented so far that could possibly provide any credible information on purchase has not responded.

I don't care.

11 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Thanks for reminding me; I'd forgotten all about it. If I had known it was going to be such a small window, I would have gotten mine slabbed. Argh!

Now I feel bad:p

I was actually in a frenzy at the time, trying to track down the Turner cover. Sorry I didn't hit you up old friend.

5 minutes ago, I like pie said:

I was actually in a frenzy at the time, trying to track down the Turner cover. Sorry I didn't hit you up old friend.

Did you get some Aria Museums from me? I'm pretty sure I sold them on the Boards.

9 minutes ago, I like pie said:
23 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Oh, no, don't feel bad. Getting them slabbed would have been cool, but I still have them. The Portacio Stones are still my favorites, since they were first. I'd have LOVED to get the Aria Preview museum slabbed, but that's the way it goes. :) 

I really need to bust out the prototype that I got from Jimmy. It's cool, because it's printed just like the standard museums, but the type of paper they used is totally different...same concept, but completely different texture. It's so very, very cool. I think you'd love to see it in person!

35 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Did you get some Aria Museums from me? I'm pretty sure I sold them on the Boards.

I don't think so Sean but I've collected them over the year slowly so it possible. I do believe I sold you an Aria Statue cover years back. I had about 4 and was willing to let go.

27 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Oh, no, don't feel bad. Getting them slabbed would have been cool, but I still have them. The Portacio Stones are still my favorites, since they were first. I'd have LOVED to get the Aria Preview museum slabbed, but that's the way it goes. :) 

I really need to bust out the prototype that I got from Jimmy. It's cool, because it's printed just like the standard museums, but the type of paper they used is totally different...same concept, but completely different texture. It's so very, very cool. I think you'd love to see it in person!

I bet. I'd love to see a pic. I had one of the standard Aria#1 covers that had blue ink that looked cool.

5 hours ago, seanfingh said:

They are just Image First books with a new bogus cover, teamed up with PGX to give it a slimy sheen of legitimacy for the dull, the greedy and the easily duped.

They are definitely not Image First copies with a new cover. I'll post pics when I get things sorted out on my side.

-shawn

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I commented. I'm more than credible. Story is false. 'Nuff Said.

We'll post more soon. Getting more info.

-shawn

Edited by bigclutch

1 hour ago, bigclutch said:

They are definitely not Image First copies with a new cover. I'll post pics when I get things sorted out on my side.

-shawn

They're not? 

I think seanfingh meant that they are cheap walking dead reprints married to the custom made museum cover. 

Is that not correct?