• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD #1 Museum Edition LE100, Ohio 2004
1 1

156 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bigclutch said:

First off. There was NEVER a TWD 1 Museum Edition approved or authorized. I can confirm this.

Second. This is not a officially produced comic (Image Firsts, etc) inside a new cover. The interior of this book is a poorly printed fake.

Third. How do I know this? I now have one in my possession.

Resized_20180411_115516_627.jpeg

How do we know you didn’t just run down to Kinkos and printed off some scans?  :banana:

6 hours ago, bigclutch said:

First off. There was NEVER a TWD 1 Museum Edition approved or authorized. I can confirm this.

Second. This is not a officially produced comic (Image Firsts, etc) inside a new cover. The interior of this book is a poorly printed fake.

Ahhhhh....I see your diabolical plan. You're going to say they're fake, buy them all up, then announce in a year that Kirkman and Jimmy Jay actually made a secret stash of them that they've been hiding all these years...

I'm on to you....

:whistle:

I would presume if Quebecor was listed as the Printer, PGX would have done some homework to verify this is a true copy.  So I would love a copy of the indica page...or any other helpful proof.    Also you would think Skybound would know??  Matt

3 minutes ago, RMI High Tech said:

I would presume if Quebecor was listed as the Printer, PGX would have done some homework to verify this is a true copy.  So I would love a copy of the indica page...or any other helpful proof.    Also you would think Skybound would know??  Matt

:facepalm: You might want to actually read the thread before you start posting.

Hi bigclutch. After all the love we've shared on this book, I'm sure we'd all love to see some photos of the inside front cover (or wherever the print details are shown) and some of the insides. Thanks in anticipation. Regards, Stephen

6 hours ago, RMI High Tech said:

Please tell me more about this WD comic, WD #1 Museum Edition.  Where did you first hear about it??  Matt Holly  matthollymarshalls@yahoo.com

I posted the original thread. I was browsing eBay for TWD comics, and came across this one. The rest is just the magic of a great forum :-)

8 hours ago, RMI High Tech said:

Can't handle.gif

20 hours ago, bigclutch said:

Shawn, you should make a video where you put it through a shredder (lawnmower would be a nice touch), then douse it with lighter fluid, light it up and then urinate on the ashes! Post it on youtube and skybound.com... I double dare ya!!

lol

On 4/4/2018 at 10:11 PM, BeachBum said:

Brian says it's not them - @bigclutch is on the case as well. The seller has sold twelve raw by auction in the past couple of months alone... And the picture shows it sitting on a cutting mat like it's a work station. It's counterfeit. And if it isn't one of the "original" counterfeits people are claiming are out there it's probably newly done meaning it's a counterfeit of a counterfeit. :bigsmile:

I'm calling straight BS on it - no need to dance around it, just avoid it.

Not to defend the counterfeiter, but "the picture shows it sitting on a cutting mat" is indicative of nothing. I sometimes use my cutting mat when I'm photographing books for sale because it's a nice, big, flat surface that's usually handy because I might be using it to cut down cardboard to protect books for shipping, or because I'm too lazy to find my scissors to cut a shipping label so I use my razor blade instead.