• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD #1 Museum Edition LE100, Ohio 2004
1 1

156 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2018 at 3:31 PM, ygogolak said:

I think you mean unauthorized. It's definitely a real comic book.

33 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

(shrug)

People noted they were real.... Shawn said that they are not.  What’s to be confused by?

Yup, it's a tangible object. Is it not? As are other counterfeit books I already listed on the first page.

12 minutes ago, cbalroman said:

(shrug)

People noted they were real.... Shawn said that they are not.  What’s to be confused by?

Some of the confusion could be coming from the fact that the word "counterfeit" keeps on getting used, to me a counterfeit is a fake that is intended to deceive a purchaser because it looks like the original.  These don't look like Walking Dead #1's.
So if they're homemade faked copies intended to defraud buyers because of the existence of the legit "museum edition" done for other books (non Walking Dead mentioned earlier) then it's far easier to just say "there is no TWD museum edition" rather than just say this listing is a 'counterfeit' which might lead people to believe there is a legitimate Walking Dead museum edition in existence.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Yup, it's a tangible object. Is it not? As are other counterfeit books I already listed on the first page.

Guess lost in translation is your favorite movie. 

1 minute ago, cbalroman said:

Guess lost in translation is your favorite movie. 

"For relaxing times..."

Apoligies if my original quote mislead anyone the think they were real. My sentence was precluded by unauthorized. Didn't intend to cloud the subject by somehow construing that an unauthorized reprint was real.

6 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Some of the confusion could be coming from the fact that the word "counterfeit" keeps on getting used, to me a counterfeit is a fake that is intended to deceive a purchaser because it looks like the original.  These don't look like Walking Dead #1's.
So if they're homemade faked copies intended to defraud buyers because of the existence of the legit "museum edition" done for other books (non Walking Dead mentioned earlier) then it's far easier to just say "there is no TWD museum edition" rather than just say this listing is a 'counterfeit' which might lead people to believe there is a legitimate Walking Dead museum edition in existence.

True, my fault. And that's exactly what I said why other counterfeits exist. I took the original description in the eBay listing as legitimate. This why I said gave the explanation that it was not a counterfeit because there wouldn't have been a market for that in 2004.

On 3/27/2018 at 3:31 PM, ygogolak said:

I think you mean unauthorized. It's definitely a real comic book.

On 3/28/2018 at 10:16 PM, ygogolak said:

FYI CGC slabs

TMNT - 12 IDENTIFIED 

Cru for Dawn - 20 IDENTIFIED

Cerebus - 57 IDENTIFIED

These are fake copies that were created with the intent to sell for the value of the real.

If you think the above copy remotely resembles a fake copy of TWD 1, how can you even see the computer screen?

On 4/3/2018 at 9:16 PM, ygogolak said:

This was produced in 2004, shortly after the original issue came out. The first Image First was not until 2010.

This was not created to capitalize on the value of TWD #1, it was worth that much then.

On 4/3/2018 at 9:20 PM, ygogolak said:

Marvel Europe (Panini) has made a number of museum editions and they still produce them.

Check the last page for numbers on CGC graded counterfeits.

On 4/4/2018 at 6:45 AM, ygogolak said:

You're right. That story could be a farce as well.

It seems to be the only information available, copy and pasted to all international eBay sites. There is one site that lists where the cover was supposedly printed. Again, all other info. is the same.

This is not in response to anyone's comment specifically, but it can't be that hard to believe that these clowns made photo copy reprints of each page, is it?  I mean the cover looks like **** as it is quality-wise so I can't imagine the interiors look much better.  :facepalm:

Apply whatever word that you want to it but the fake/counterfeit/photo-copied book is trash and an insult to the original in every way.  It's a cheap way for someone to make a quick buck on unsuspecting buyers, simply put. :sumo:

To sum it up, you can take a duck, tape chicken feathers to it, run it through a car wash, sprinkle pink pixie dust on it, paint it with glitter gloss, dress it in a blazer, give it a bloody Lucille prop and call it a Walking Dead #1 and it would still look more like a legit variant of the original than this junk. 2c

15 hours ago, ygogolak said:

"For relaxing times..."

Apoligies if my original quote mislead anyone the think they were real. My sentence was precluded by unauthorized. Didn't intend to cloud the subject by somehow construing that an unauthorized reprint was real.

"Misled"

"Mislead" is present tense.

"Lead" (LED) is an element; "led" (LED) is the past tense of "to lead" (LEED)

19 minutes ago, bigclutch said:

First off. There was NEVER a TWD 1 Museum Edition approved or authorized. I can confirm this.

Second. This is not a officially produced comic (Image Firsts, etc) inside a new cover. The interior of this book is a poorly printed fake.

Third. How do I know this? I now have one in my possession.

Resized_20180411_115516_627.jpeg

Gee Shawn, tell us more about this magical book.

lol

1 hour ago, bigclutch said:

Second. The interior of this book is a poorly printed fake.

I feel like I called this...with a cover that badly reproduced the interior can't be any better!

Thank you, Shawn, for your updates on this!  Feel free to show us the inside if you get a chance :)

Edited by Sensei Ryan