• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Undervalued Copper Keys
1 1

43 posts in this topic

Is there a thread on this that I'm missing?  If not what are some the the undervalued copper keys that might be worth picking up?

Here are some I have been looking for and picking up.

New Mutants 1

Wonder Woman 1

Amazing Spiderman 344

Moon Knight 1

4 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Point me to a link other than the heating up thread then instead of being your normal individual_without_enough_empathy self

?  No, seriously, I feel like I haven't seen you in a long time and you used to be here a lot, maybe I just have a blind sport in terms of reading posts and what not or you don't get sucked into the idiotic threads I do. I wasn't being sarcastic.

Edited by the blob

The Cap #286 is mentioned on the other thread - great cover and the last Deathlok story arc.  Other Cap book to consider is Cap #321 - only thing that makes it key is the first time that Cap uses a gun, but people continue to buy that book for the great Zeck cover.  And, with a black background, it's a little harder to find in high grade.  Worth more than the $4 it's listed for in Overstreet.

On 3/27/2018 at 6:04 PM, Wolverinex said:

I would add Harbinger 0 Pink to that list.  Only 6500 copies

From the other thread linked to:

Solar #3 (1991, first Toyo Harada)

Harbinger #1 with coupon (1992, first Harbinger team kids)

X-O Manowar #1 (1992, first X-O Manowar)

X-O Manowar #4 (1992, brief first Shadowman)

Shadowman #1 (1992, first full Shadowman)

Solar #10 (first printing, 1992, first Eternal Warrior, first Geomancers)

Archer & Armstrong #0 (1992, first Archer & Armstrong, but a limited gold variant exists)

Eternal Warrior #4 (1992, brief first Bloodshot)

Rai #0 (1992, first full Bloodshot, HARDCorps, key storylines issue)

Shadowman #8 (1992, first Master Darque)

Archer & Armstrong #8 (1992, first Ivar the Timewalker)

Solar #10 (second printing, 1992, first Eternal Warrior, first Geomancers)

Bloodshot #6 (1993, first Ninjak)

Shadowman #16 (1993, first Dr. Mirage)

Quantum & Woody #1 (1997 Acclaim title, first Quantum & Woody, two covers exist)

Many of these are technically "Modern" but they're all from the '90s.

I'd add Harbinger #15 (first Livewire) as well.

But seriously, the correct answer is not (currently) a popular one... but almost ALL of the Copper Age keys come in direct edition and newsstand varieties.  In almost EVERY case, the newsstand edition is harder to find in high grade.  In MOST cases, the prices are the same, so buying high grade newsstand for no added cost is an extreme win.

Except Valiant. The Copper Age Valiant keys only came as direct editions... Valiant didn't experiment with newsstands until late 1994, which is probably Modern (or whatever comes after Copper) to whomever is reading this.  (Copper Age newsstand from Image, on the other hand... is another story.)

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

Valiant didn't experiment with newsstands until late 1994, which is probably Modern (or whatever comes after Copper) to whomever is reading this.  (Copper Age newsstand from Image, on the other hand... is another story.)

Any examples?  Do you know for instance of any pre-Acclaim newsstands for the X-O run?