• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay coupon today - anyone use for art?

18 posts in this topic

Spring Black Friday Coupon

15% Off Everything!*

Hurry, ends today at 8pm PT! Use code
PREPSPRING. Min. $25 purchase.

Valid 3/27 1-8pm PT. Max $50 discount.

I always see the coupon frenzy in Comics general but never a peep about it here. So if you do not know, there is a coupon today. For cheaper art (cough cough check my auctions cough cough) it might work well, for example $45 off $300 might make sense. So anyone use the coupon for art?

Edited by Bird

1 hour ago, Bird said:

15% Off Everything!*

I always see the coupon frenzy in Comics general but never a peep about it here. So if you do not know, there is a coupon today. For cheaper art (cough cough check my auctions cough cough) it might work well, for example $45 off $300 might make sense. So anyone use the coupon for art?

Somehow I was not aware of this. Bird, you saved me the full $50 on an open invoice where I already had 15% coming back in eBay Bucks too. Darned thing is effectively 30% off now. I owe you one!

Speaking of, I've never seen so much in promotions before from eBay. Are their numbers really off for Q1?

29 minutes ago, suspense39 said:

i did last week :) 

Me too. That's what I mean, coupon last week, coupon this week, and in between 15% eBay Bucks. That's a lot of promotions, especially when overlaps allow multiple promotions to apply to the same single purchase.

6 minutes ago, vodou said:

Me too. That's what I mean, coupon last week, coupon this week, and in between 15% eBay Bucks. That's a lot of promotions, especially when overlaps allow multiple promotions to apply to the same single purchase.

Tons of promotions, I do not know how they justify it...especially the 20% off one. I guess it works in a roundabout way to encourage more listings in general? I know that after I was aware of the coupons a year or so ago that I made a point of maintaining a larger amount of running auctions. I guess it is marketing/promotion and that they know their stats well enough.

20%? Wow. I thought 15 was pretty great!

Anyway, point made, we should all be posting these as we come across them, helps everyone in the hobby out.Thanks again Bird, I'll do my part next time if I see it first.

22 hours ago, Bird said:

15% Off Everything!*

The best deal is when you get 24 months, no interest, on PayPal credit when you buy something on eBay

Someone once asked why people “watch” art on eBay if they aren’t planning to buy it. This is a pretty good reason. I might not buy your art, but if I can knock 10, 15, 20% off? Hey, maybe.

Of course I do it just to keep my finger an the pulse of sold prices after the dust settles, for the kinds of things I’m interested in, but when they overlap, this is a good secondary usage of that watched items list. :)

Edited by ESeffinga

app coupon up now until 11 am PT 15% off max $100

App Exclusive!
15% Off $50+

Today only, until 11am PT! Download the app and
save with code PGETTHEAPP. Max $100 discount.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:48 AM, ESeffinga said:

Someone once asked why people “watch” art on eBay if they aren’t planning to buy it. This is a pretty good reason. I might not buy your art, but if I can knock 10, 15, 20% off? Hey, maybe.

Of course I do it just to keep my finger an the pulse of sold prices after the dust settles, for the kinds of things I’m interested in, but when they overlap, this is a good secondary usage of that watched items list. :)

I watch art to get an idea of pricing. I want to see what sells, and for how much. I also learn from what doesn't sell. And, I like to keep tabs on how many people are watching a piece, to gage interest. And, yes, I may try to buy it too.

I have never heard of ebay bucks or rewards.  Just never looked into it.  I clicked on this topic earlier this morning to read the posts.  I just checked my email and have an email from Ebay wanting me to sign up for the program.  It was kind of unsettling.  Pure coincidence or big brother?  OA cartel expanding their operations?  Hmmm

ebay bucks.JPG

Edited by Sooners151

I used the promotional 15% off coupon towards the purchase of  this huge (28.5" x 11.5") centerspread piece by Mike Nasser featuring Werewolf by Night vs. Spider-Man. It was published in Super Spider-Man #173 (Marvel UK, 1976). The images below are the original art, published centerspread and the published cover.

Here's what Mike said about the piece: “With the landscape printing format, a double page spread has the same area as a double-page portrait format ...but because of the long double width, it feels a lot larger. While doing this, Rick Bryant visited the studio and gave some pointers as to how to create the stipple effect with a toothbrush. Good to see it's in good hands!”

IMG_1115.jpg

Mike Nasser.jpg

Super Spider-Man 173.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:05 PM, williamhlawson said:

I have used every 8, 10 or 15% for something I probably wouldn't buy without it LOL...I'm a sucker for a promo.  Thanks, almost missed this one.

And with that said...I actually looked around in the early part of the century for 'Legend of the Spider-Clan' artwork after the series came out.  Loved it.  Hate manga.  Hate manga art.  LOVED Spider-Clan, just tickled my fancy somehow.  Turns out that Kaare Andrews and Skott Young are rather skilled in more than my eyes.  Only page I've ever seen offered for sale...this is the 'thank you' page to Marvel Comics at the end of the story by inker/penciller on a few issues Khary Randolph (on DC stock nonetheless...)

Scan_0755.jpg