• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comic Con Seattle — June 22-24, 2018

54 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2018 at 11:35 AM, stephenshamus12 said:

Hey everyone!!

Yes, it's my brother and me....

Mysterio - Thanks for reminding me!! lol

-Stephen

I inquired about exhibiting at the show a week ago, have yet to hear a response. its a new show for Seattle, so hopefully the prices are reasonable and affordable. With ECCC, Rose City, Vancouver Fan Expo, and Wizard World Portland for the Pacific Northwest as well as a few smaller shows throughout the year, it is unsure how Ace will fare. I am all for another show here in Seattle, but the comic guest list needs to be improved, with less focus on local comic talent, bring in bigger name comic creators that rarely make it out here, or haven't been out here in a while. With Ace being an unproven show here, I would love to see it succeed and be a yearly show for Seattle, and while the three main celebrity guests will bring people in, there will be a number of fans who can't afford the signature fees and will want to meet comic book artists and writers, especially talent that doesn't get out here and there are several names.

Edited by Jugger Grimrod

14 hours ago, Jugger Grimrod said:

I inquired about exhibiting at the show a week ago, have yet to hear a response. its a new show for Seattle, so hopefully the prices are reasonable and affordable. With ECCC, Rose City, Vancouver Fan Expo, and Wizard World Portland for the Pacific Northwest as well as a few smaller shows throughout the year, it is unsure how Ace will fare. I am all for another show here in Seattle, but the comic guest list needs to be improved, with less focus on local comic talent, bring in bigger name comic creators that rarely make it out here, or haven't been out here in a while. With Ace being an unproven show here, I would love to see it succeed and be a yearly show for Seattle, and while the three main celebrity guests will bring people in, there will be a number of fans who can't afford the signature fees and will want to meet comic book artists and writers, especially talent that doesn't get out here and there are several names.

Hey - I asked Brad and Alex and they didn’t have anything in their inboxes. So maybe it was sent to an old email. Can you let me know who you emailed so I can get the inbox checked??

email Alex Rae or Brad Foster - alex@aceuniverse.com and brad@aceuniverse.com

anyone else need a booth or artist table, you can email the above 

On 4/5/2018 at 7:10 AM, stephenshamus12 said:

Hey Jugger,

Your email went to spam. It seems to happen a lot with that form, so I've told our staff to make sure they check the spam folder. In any case, Alex will reach out if he hasn't already. Thanks!

Thanks, I have not heard from anyone yet but perhaps early next week someone will be able to reach out.

I’ve heard there were a couple of huge cancellations, so it’ll be interesting to hear how this goes. 

If anyone is going expressly to shop for books I’d love to hear a report on the dealer situation as well. 

You know, I live just outside of Seattle and would have definitely gone on Friday, but I didn't even hear about this con until Saturday morning, and had a full weekend of plans so it was too late. Can't believe how terrible their marketing and promo was, as I am part of the prime target audience and never even heard about this show until it was in process. And that wasn't from promo, but rather a friend of mine who posted pics on Facebook.

Edited by BassGMan

So we sold out of 3-Day passes and Saturday Passes. The Saturday Civil War panel had 12,000 people and was covered on Deadline three times due to Tom Holland announcing the title to Spider-Man 2. Sunday was a near sell out as well. The Flash panel had 8000 people and the Scarlet Witch/Vision panel had 7000 people. Even the close of Sunday Loki panel had 5000 people. I'm sorry you missed out, but the place was packed, ask any of our dealers or Artists. Thanks!!