Ace Comic Con Seattle — June 22-24, 2018
1 1

54 posts in this topic

11,000 posts

So these new cons are run by the Shamus bros. who broke apart from Wizard con USA? (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,059 posts

I believe it's just Gareb Shamus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,152 posts
1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

So these new cons are run by the Shamus bros. who broke apart from Wizard con USA? (:

More like “fired from” if I remember correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,000 posts
13 minutes ago, TheWatcher said:

I believe it's just Gareb Shamus

Ace's website says it is the dynamic duo of Gareb and brother Shamus as coordinator/promoters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
246 posts
On 3/31/2018 at 11:35 AM, stephenshamus12 said:

Hey everyone!!

Yes, it's my brother and me....

Mysterio - Thanks for reminding me!! lol

-Stephen

I inquired about exhibiting at the show a week ago, have yet to hear a response. its a new show for Seattle, so hopefully the prices are reasonable and affordable. With ECCC, Rose City, Vancouver Fan Expo, and Wizard World Portland for the Pacific Northwest as well as a few smaller shows throughout the year, it is unsure how Ace will fare. I am all for another show here in Seattle, but the comic guest list needs to be improved, with less focus on local comic talent, bring in bigger name comic creators that rarely make it out here, or haven't been out here in a while. With Ace being an unproven show here, I would love to see it succeed and be a yearly show for Seattle, and while the three main celebrity guests will bring people in, there will be a number of fans who can't afford the signature fees and will want to meet comic book artists and writers, especially talent that doesn't get out here and there are several names.

Edited by Jugger Grimrod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 posts
14 hours ago, Jugger Grimrod said:

I inquired about exhibiting at the show a week ago, have yet to hear a response. its a new show for Seattle, so hopefully the prices are reasonable and affordable. With ECCC, Rose City, Vancouver Fan Expo, and Wizard World Portland for the Pacific Northwest as well as a few smaller shows throughout the year, it is unsure how Ace will fare. I am all for another show here in Seattle, but the comic guest list needs to be improved, with less focus on local comic talent, bring in bigger name comic creators that rarely make it out here, or haven't been out here in a while. With Ace being an unproven show here, I would love to see it succeed and be a yearly show for Seattle, and while the three main celebrity guests will bring people in, there will be a number of fans who can't afford the signature fees and will want to meet comic book artists and writers, especially talent that doesn't get out here and there are several names.

Hey - I asked Brad and Alex and they didn’t have anything in their inboxes. So maybe it was sent to an old email. Can you let me know who you emailed so I can get the inbox checked??

email Alex Rae or Brad Foster - alex@aceuniverse.com and brad@aceuniverse.com

anyone else need a booth or artist table, you can email the above 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 posts

Hey Jugger,

Your email went to spam. It seems to happen a lot with that form, so I've told our staff to make sure they check the spam folder. In any case, Alex will reach out if he hasn't already. Thanks!

Edited by stephenshamus12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
246 posts
On 4/5/2018 at 7:10 AM, stephenshamus12 said:

Hey Jugger,

Your email went to spam. It seems to happen a lot with that form, so I've told our staff to make sure they check the spam folder. In any case, Alex will reach out if he hasn't already. Thanks!

Thanks, I have not heard from anyone yet but perhaps early next week someone will be able to reach out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,000 posts

Average /day ticket price $56 prepaid for top notch media guest list, and stellar artist Sam Keith. :foryou:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,000 posts

bump. I heard that 1 comic art :foryou: collector (not me) will be driving down from Vancouver, BC for this Ace con in Seattle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,152 posts

I’ve heard there were a couple of huge cancellations, so it’ll be interesting to hear how this goes. 

If anyone is going expressly to shop for books I’d love to hear a report on the dealer situation as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,860 posts

You know, I live just outside of Seattle and would have definitely gone on Friday, but I didn't even hear about this con until Saturday morning, and had a full weekend of plans so it was too late. Can't believe how terrible their marketing and promo was, as I am part of the prime target audience and never even heard about this show until it was in process. And that wasn't from promo, but rather a friend of mine who posted pics on Facebook.

Edited by BassGMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 posts

So we sold out of 3-Day passes and Saturday Passes. The Saturday Civil War panel had 12,000 people and was covered on Deadline three times due to Tom Holland announcing the title to Spider-Man 2. Sunday was a near sell out as well. The Flash panel had 8000 people and the Scarlet Witch/Vision panel had 7000 people. Even the close of Sunday Loki panel had 5000 people. I'm sorry you missed out, but the place was packed, ask any of our dealers or Artists. Thanks!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1