• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OA at Library of Congress

5 posts in this topic

I went to see the AF 15 art  at the LOC during the first few months they had it. I asked the curator Sarah Duke what other Marvel art they had and the told me there wasn't that much but they had a "few" Marie Severin pages.

Mind you that was back in 2008...so maybe there has been a snowball effect since then.

Edited by chromium

2 hours ago, chromium said:

I went to see the AF 15 art  at the LOC during the first few months they had it. I asked the curator Sarah Duke what other Marvel art they had and the told me there wasn't that much but they had a "few" Marie Severin pages.

Mind you that was back in 2008...so maybe there has been a snowball effect since then.

I don't think they have much marvel art other than the pages for AF 15. Pretty sure they do have a lot of kids books and i think they have the OA from famous funnies #1.

Harry Chesler had his comic art collection that he had saved, donated to Fairleigh Dickinson University. From what I understand the school donated at least some of it to the Library of Congress and might have even sold some. I'm not sure though if they still have any left. Their Teaneck campus is by me, so I might check it out and see.

Edited by DeadpoolJr.