• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

William Messner-Loebs

14 posts in this topic

I'd heard about him having difficulties quite a while back.

Very sad to hear, as his Flash stories were consistently enjoyable, and I recall Journey being a quality 80s b / w indie comic.

An underrated writer.

11 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

An underrated writer.

Agreed.  I finished re-reading his run on Jonny Quest a few weeks ago.  Just a damn fine adventure title...consistently imaginative and entertaining.

Edited by jools&jim

So far the GoFundMe that is assisting him has broken $10k (haven't checked in a few hours tho. It added at least 4k overnight) but apparently there's not a way to DIRECTLY assist Bill & his family. It's a GoFundMe that is being done essentially thru his church I believe? But it's the primary way that he's receiving assistance. I donated a bit to it last night.

4 hours ago, Doktor said:

So far the GoFundMe that is assisting him has broken $10k (haven't checked in a few hours tho. It added at least 4k overnight) but apparently there's not a way to DIRECTLY assist Bill & his family. It's a GoFundMe that is being done essentially thru his church I believe? But it's the primary way that he's receiving assistance. I donated a bit to it last night.

Do you have a link?  I'd like to donate, but I couldn't find it.

20 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

If anyone can get in touch with him, I would recommend he contact the Hero Initiative. This is why they exist.

https://www.heroinitiative.org/

Exactly what I was thinking. I wonder if anyone here has the ability to liaison between Bill and THI? Lots of folks in this community, maybe someone can hook it up?

23 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Very sad to hear, and I recall Journey being a quality 80s b / w indie comic.

An underrated writer.

Wm Messner-Loebs's 'Journey' was an enjoyable comic that reminded me of the Spirit in that it was a unique b/w labor of love: writer/artist.

23 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I'd heard about him having difficulties quite a while back.

Very sad to hear, as his Flash stories were consistently enjoyable, and I recall Journey being a quality 80s b / w indie comic.

An underrated writer.

Good stuff and I wished we had more comics like Journey.

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Good stuff and I wished we had more comics like Journey.

One of the best of its time, and a Wolverine appearance in every issue.

Really sorry to hear this. I actually thought he was involved in the Marvel film Universe and was doing okay for himself.  If someone can contact him, I'm sure people here would be happy to buy some sketches.