• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sellers be aware - Stefan von Ommen

19 posts in this topic

just to warn others against this person.i sold a slab on ebay to this buyer in the netherlands. upon receipt he was not satisfied with the condition of the slab. although i disagree with the issues he raised i agreed to the return. instead of returning the item he opened a chargeback claim through his card issuing bank. after a few exchanges he agreed to return the item so i paid him the shipping charges to return the item.

I received the package today and it did not contain the slab but an indecent drawing  was framed to make up for the weight. i did videotape the unboxing.

obviosly he wish to retain both the slab and his money. 

a filing with the police for chargeback fraud has been made against this person today and i am working with paypal as well. 

believe he had deleted his ebay account.

anyway if you come across this person, stevan von ommen of the netherlands - then may wish to avoid.

Edited by Poka
spelling

2 minutes ago, Black Lantern said:

That can happen in your country too :whistle:

Indeed it can and probably does. Just harder to deal with international post offices and laws. Sad, because collectors in other countries are just as passionate as US collectors. Most people in this world are good but a few bad apples ruin it for everybody. I have been burned and just don't want to chance it anymore.:foryou:

18 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Indeed it can and probably does. Just harder to deal with international post offices and laws. Sad, because collectors in other countries are just as passionate as US collectors. Most people in this world are good but a few bad apples ruin it for everybody. I have been burned and just don't want to chance it anymore.:foryou:

Me neither , i would never ship overseas or especially not to South America... the risk to reward ratio is just too high,,,,,,

2 hours ago, LoveThemSigs said:

Did he include any German newspapers?

No heavy box material. Seriously when I receive a return box for one slab which weighs 2 kg then it is red flag before opening it

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

See - I used to live not too far away and come there from time to time so :whistle:

2 hours ago, retrocomics said:

Can we see the drawing. Put it on eBay and see what it fetches. Seriously, raw deal and real scum.

I very much doubt that eBay would allow me to put up a drawing of private parts. Even if they would allow me the drawing is of such inferior quality that it demonstrates a complete lack of talent and would not fetch even 99 cents.

Germany is the nation you have to exercise the most care with. They don't appear to be set up anything like we are here in the US with anything like our postal system. Hearing about the particulars, from an e bay seller who ran into his fair share of issues with shipments to Germany before x-ing that nation off their list of deliverable destinations, I envision it like the way parcels were distributed in colonial times, the packages piled in the town square to be picked out by the addressee. This is how the infamous Wilhelm Uthe was able to abscond with so many deliveries that disappeared into the wild blue yonder.

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, Poka said:

I very much doubt that eBay would allow me to put up a drawing of private parts....it demonstrates a complete lack of talent and would not fetch even 99 cents.

If the drawing is of female private parts, I'll give you a $1 for it.

If the drawing is of male private parts, greggy will give you $500 for it.

5 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Filming at home won't help. Once you suspect fraud, you need to move to Defcon 3 at the post office. Here's where having a friendly working relationship with your postmaster pays off. When that package arrives, you call at the desk and do not accept it, instead, you inform the counterperson that you suspect mail-fraud. You ask for the postmaster. If they're not present, you come back when they are. The post office retains the parcel until the postmaster is present. Then you explain to them the back story. You sign for it and then open it in full view of the postmaster so they can see the contents, as removed from the box, never leaving their presence. You first inform them of what is supposed to be in the box, showing them the e bay listing and image of the item. In this way, the entire return can be thoroughly documented in an official manner. You get a letter from the postmaster, averring that the box was delivered in their office, it never left their presence and the contents were documented and photographed. Next step, the postal inspector. Now, you have a fighting chance with paypal rather than none at all, with all this irrefutable documentation. You have enough proof for a police report as well. The more verifying and corroborating documentation you have the better, to fight a chargeback through Paypal.

Yeah - I know - shou”d have opened it in front of post master but videoing the unboxing is better than nothing. 

4 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

If the drawing is of female private parts, I'll give you a $1 for it.

If the drawing is of male private parts, greggy will give you $500 for it.

lol - guess I can charge $500 then Greggy?

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Its people like this that ruin selling online.... best of luck getting your money back.  Ebay is  terrible to sellers... and sometimes it's not even worth the effort

Yeah eBay is completely out of the picture. Once a buyer files a chargeback claim then eBay is out. So dealing with PayPal now - although they are pretty much out of the picture as well as they are merely handling on behalf of the credit card company, but up to now PayPal has been helpful.

4 hours ago, Poka said:

Yeah - I know - shou”d have opened it in front of post master but videoing the unboxing is better than nothing. 

lol - guess I can charge $500 then Greggy?

Yeah eBay is completely out of the picture. Once a buyer files a chargeback claim then eBay is out. So dealing with PayPal now - although they are pretty much out of the picture as well as they are merely handling on behalf of the credit card company, but up to now PayPal has been helpful.

I'm switching to comiclink for $400+ items now... ebay and paypal are too risky these days

11 hours ago, Poka said:

I very much doubt that eBay would allow me to put up a drawing of private parts. Even if they would allow me the drawing is of such inferior quality that it demonstrates a complete lack of talent and would not fetch even 99 cents.

Have you seen the "Adult Only" category on Ebay? I'm pretty sure they will allow it..... xD

Latest update. PayPal has reviewed the case and  they have agreed to compensate me. I am guessing it is because it has turned from a product not as described to a fraud. I am sure the police filing and the item he sent me helped. Actually he was not too clever. The item he sent me weighted 2kg (as evident by the parcel label) or more than double the item I sold him. ?to PayPal.

still helping PayPal with the chargeback claim. Really hope they will close his account.

4 minutes ago, Poka said:

Latest update. PayPal has reviewed the case and  they have agreed to compensate me. I am guessing it is because it has turned from a product not as described to a fraud. I am sure the police filing and the item he sent me helped. Actually he was not too clever. The item he sent me weighted 2kg (as evident by the parcel label) or more than double the item I sold him. ?to PayPal.

still helping PayPal with the chargeback claim. Really hope they will close his account.

Good stuff, hope karma hits him hard