• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unique CGC label error.

29 posts in this topic

that is cool!

My best error was a Signature series with signer notes and it was on a blue universal label. Kept it for years until I sent a batch in get new cases and they reslabbed in yellow.

That book should never have gotten out. The label indicates that the original entry for many of the Walking Dead comics had Image as the publisher. Later the publisher was changed to I think Image/Skybound, so all the original entries were plastered with the WRONG WRONG thing to let quality control know that someone input the book under the wrong publisher and that it should be changed. Guess someone didn't see it. 

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:19 PM, Philflound said:

That book should never have gotten out. The label indicates that the original entry for many of the Walking Dead comics had Image as the publisher. Later the publisher was changed to I think Image/Skybound, so all the original entries were plastered with the WRONG WRONG thing to let quality control know that someone input the book under the wrong publisher and that it should be changed. Guess someone didn't see it. 

...and that's why you shouldn't hope the next person in the process catches the mistake! lol

On 3/30/2018 at 12:09 PM, Impulse :) said:

20180330_110236.jpg.caabacea556b9252549f113f04c93d76.jpgRarely do I have a CGC label error, but curious how this label got by quality control? 

I'm curious as to why you are posting this now. Unless of course you just purchased this on the secondary market. This book was graded in September of 2016, well over a year and half ago and you're mentioning it now. Back then, things slipped by much more than now. 

On 5/7/2018 at 7:13 PM, Philflound said:

I'm curious as to why you are posting this now. Unless of course you just purchased this on the secondary market. This book was graded in September of 2016, well over a year and half ago and you're mentioning it now. Back then, things slipped by much more than now. 

QC continues to be poor consistently. 

11 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

QC continues to be poor consistently. 

Well, you could always call them and apply for a job with QC. Maybe it would improve if you were there.

Decided to add a little. When a few people push through a few thousand books a day, there are bound to be some slip ups getting through. If they have to slow down much to look over said books with even more detail, you'd be harping on later turn around times. I rarely see people praise the company for a job well done. When they are flipping their comics because they got graded for multiple times of what they paid. I'd like to know how many people actual send a thank you email to the company when their comics come back in a timely manner in great condition.

BTW, I never heard back from the OP about why they posted a book graded 1 1/2 years ago now to complain about it.

Edited by Philflound

13 hours ago, Philflound said:

Whatever dude. Just send them back on their dime and have them fix it.

Yes, whatever indeed. For the record, these have already been sent back. Now I have to battle accounting to have the credit for my return shipping applied to my account. Also, this would be the second time I've had to send these particular books back in for a reholder. The first time they missed a signature on the label for the book that was signed and the one that isn't signed showed up with a huge crack on the back on the slab. I should have had both of these in my possession over a month ago, but the comedy of errors with QC has resulted in me having to send them back twice. This is kind of par for the course and not an isolated incident. Rarely do I get a submission back without any label errors or slab damaged from shipping.

13 hours ago, Philflound said:

Whatever dude. Just send them back on their dime and have them fix it.

That's pretty dismissive and rude.  MG has always respectfully expressed his displeasure with QC without bashing or being a jerk. CGC's QC problems will not get any better if folks who have problems do not professionally and respectfully air their legitimate beefs.

23 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

That's pretty dismissive and rude.  MG has always respectfully expressed his displeasure with QC without bashing or being a jerk. CGC's QC problems will not get any better if folks who have problems do not professionally and respectfully air their legitimate beefs.

Agreed.

Thank you, Sean and Shane. It's in everyone's best interest that CGC improves in the QC department. How much time and money was wasted with this one submission that had to be sent back twice? Mistakes will happen, but if CGC had ensure they are minimized then that is better for their bottom line and will engender more good will from their customer base.