• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PLEASE CLOSE Speculating ASM 799
1 1

69 posts in this topic

Lol, I dunno if OP understands all the sarcasm here... but some (real) thoughts:

- I pull ASM from my LCS, so I have all the issues (and I've picked up a second copy off the rack from 795 - 797, and will probably do so for 798-800). That being said, the spec on Red Goblin is no secret, and it's now well past the tipping point - I think the print run on 798-800 is going to be huge (rough guess is 90-100k for 798/799 and 150k for 800). The fact that Marvel confirmed publicly that 798 was 1st app, and then pushed back release of 798 so stores could up their orders speaks volumes. I don't think these will be worth anything substantial in 1yr+, so I personally am not going to get more than 2 copies of each
- Donny Cates' Thanos has been a great run, but it's officially coming to an end after next week's Issue 18. The only reason 13/14/15 has been hot is because of 1st app and origin of Cosmic Ghost Rider (now getting its own book), and that it had very low print runs given no one cared - don't think any of these other issues will be worth speculating on

As an avid non-follower of Marvel's current antics, I had to use the Google machine to look up this "Cosmic Ghost Rider".  So they set Frank Castle's head on fire and gave him a motorcycle that looks like a common lawn grub?  Wow.  Every time Marvel hits a new depth of lame (I'm looking at you Preparation H...I mean Weapon H...), they manage to keep digging deeper.  I guess there's something to be said for that kind of tenacity.

23 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

Rather than coming up with new characters because of creator money issues if anything was to ever take off, they are just morphing 2 characters into one, usually a villian or female character, no new dudes will be created so no one ends up being the next Jack Kirby 

Doesn't Marvel own all of the characters? That's the difference with Image, creator owned.

Edited by ygogolak

So ASM 798 has a full appearance of Red Goblin for about half the book so this should be his official first appearance not a cameo.

It would seem that 799 could be part of an origin story. 

On 3/31/2018 at 12:30 AM, mattn792 said:

Any issue featuring the first appearance of any "new" character that Marvel can come up with -- Red Goblin, Orange Cat, Golden Surfer, Nurse Doom, Mr. Okay, Chinch bug-Man, Human Zippo, Partly Cloudy, Translucent Girl...you get the idea.

:flipbait:

Nurse Doom made me LOL.