• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA May Auction, lots of great art !
3 3

486 posts in this topic

Please do!

We will applaud if you win and drop it in a deep deep black hole collection,   ...you know, for the betterment of mankind.

We’re all behind you 100%. Just don’t forget your sacrificial promise! Shout you have it to the mountaintops, so long as we don’t see it.

;)

Edited by ESeffinga

15 hours ago, Sideshow Bob said:

There is a lot of Aparo... I mean, I lost count how many pages of Aparo are there. Wow.

I noticed that, too. Probably too much to get the best prices for them, but to be frank, prices on Aparo pages have really gone up a lot over the last 4 years or so. Maybe someone is cashing in.

They also have the splash title page to Spiderman vs Wolverine. I remember some talk about it when the cover came to auction a little while back. Wonder if it will make a good consolation prize to those that lost out on it or if the new owner would want to add it along with the cover?

lf.thumb.jpg.69617ed0f6b484500e39cde493e71bb0.jpg

1 hour ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

They also have the splash title page to Spiderman vs Wolverine. I remember some talk about it when the cover came to auction a little while back. Wonder if it will make a good consolation prize to those that lost out on it or if the new owner would want to add it along with the cover?

lf.thumb.jpg.69617ed0f6b484500e39cde493e71bb0.jpg

It' not a bad page - but the cover has Spidey and what made that comic cool at the time was the idea of 2 of them fighting each other. 

The Bagley ASM 389 cover incorrectly attributes the cover inks to Randy Emberlin.  However, this is the ONLY Cover to feature Bagley pencils AND inks.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/mark-bagley-and-randy-emberlin-amazing-spider-man-389-cover-original-art-marvel-1994-/p/7187-193002.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

This piece sold at comiclink at around a year ago. Wonder why the quick change of heart. It's a nice splash.

32 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

Hold on. Unless you know the guy - could be lots of reasons.  And there is no guarantee of a final price.

Most pieces I buy I plan to keep but not everyone is that way. There are more reasons than you can count on why an unnamed person would sell. 

Perhaps he upgraded? 

Needs the money for piece he wants more. 

Lost his job? 

Divorce? 

Didnt like how it looks in person. 

Changing direction with his collection. 

Died and the wife is selling it. 

I’m sure you think of a few more. 

I don't recall ever seeing so many great pieces in one auction. Is this the peak we've all been waiting for? The last hurrah? Especially with the recent developments in the stock markets I can't imagine that  this enormous supply will be easy to absorb. 

11 minutes ago, chefkv said:

Why hasn't anyone talked about the Frazetta Death Dealer painting?!?! Pretty killer piece!

Huge Frazetta fan, and it is a nice piece, but it's not THE Death Dealer.  Not unworthy of discussion, but by the 6th version of this character, my interest was mostly played out.

1 hour ago, stinkininkin said:

Huge Frazetta fan, and it is a nice piece, but it's not THE Death Dealer.  Not unworthy of discussion, but by the 6th version of this character, my interest was mostly played out.

Its also not that strong compared to the earlier one when you blow it up and look at the details.   Its a late piece and it shows as compared to his earlier works.  

Still terrific to own and will sell for a ton of course

Edited by Bronty