• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA May Auction, lots of great art !
3 3

486 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Carlo M said:

Agreed this is a fantastic auction. Anybody has any idea why the Cap 155 cover showing up in the Miscellaneous section has issue 115 on it?

That looks like an all stat cover.

Just a question but does anyone happen to know of a service that you can deliver packages to? Not a like a PO box but one where they would get it delivered to them and either hold it for pickup or delivery it again to you? With Heritage now charging sales tax in NJ that can really start to add up. I would normally deliver it to a relative or boardie I know but everyone seems to live in a state that heritage has an office in.

2 hours ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

Just a question but does anyone happen to know of a service that you can deliver packages to? Not a like a PO box but one where they would get it delivered to them and either hold it for pickup or delivery it again to you? With Heritage now charging sales tax in NJ that can really start to add up. I would normally deliver it to a relative or boardie I know but everyone seems to live in a state that heritage has an office in.

So...you'd like all the benefits of living in NJ but would like a haircut on your fractional shared cost of those benefits. LOL. I'd offer up my state which is vna free in all ways and certainly free of HA sales tax but...I think after my comment previous you'll prefer to find "help" elsewhere! Anyway, increasing local/state taxation helps drive motivated people out of their states and into mine, so the problem heals itself over time anyway. Unless you're not motivated enough to move or expect to collect a full value public pension from NJ ;)

29 minutes ago, vodou said:

So...you'd like all the benefits of living in NJ but would like a haircut on your fractional shared cost of those benefits. LOL. I'd offer up my state which is vna free in all ways and certainly free of HA sales tax but...I think after my comment previous you'll prefer to find "help" elsewhere! Anyway, increasing local/state taxation helps drive motivated people out of their states and into mine, so the problem heals itself over time anyway. Unless you're not motivated enough to move or expect to collect a full value public pension from NJ ;)

No, I'd still consider your help if you offered. And Yes, New Jersey has a lot of young people leaving it from being unable to find jobs and the high cost of living. My county was the most expensive to live in for the whole country last I checked. I do plan to move in the next few years since you bring that up.

8 hours ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

No, I'd still consider your help if you offered. And Yes, New Jersey has a lot of young people leaving it from being unable to find jobs and the high cost of living. My county was the most expensive to live in for the whole country last I checked. I do plan to move in the next few years since you bring that up.

Feel free to PM then and let's figure it out.

A friend of mine posed the question... with so many options for great pieces and of course limited disposable income for purchasing, does having so many key/grail pieces offered bode well for a buyer's market to get deals, or a seller's market to garner higher final hammer prices?

10 hours ago, BeholdersEye said:

A friend of mine posed the question... with so many options for great pieces and of course limited disposable income for purchasing, does having so many key/grail pieces offered bode well for a buyer's market to get deals, or a seller's market to garner higher final hammer prices?

A measured quantity of keys/grails in every sale keeps the marks watching the flourish and not the fails.

On 4/4/2018 at 10:23 PM, DeadpoolJr. said:

I am in Bergen Country. I cant wait to get out of here. Hopefully 3-5 years left of overpaying property tax. Then I can buy more art!

1 hour ago, dirtymartini1 said:

I am in Bergen Country. I cant wait to get out of here. Hopefully 3-5 years left of overpaying property tax. Then I can buy more art!

Hi fellow county resident :hi:

You would think they'd be able to fix the craters that we call potholes here with how much we pay.

2 hours ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

Hi fellow county resident :hi:

You would think they'd be able to fix the craters that we call potholes here with how much we pay.

You'd think, except nothing is left after teachers, police, fire. Nothing. So the pace of debt issuance increases. Musical chairs all day long, lotsa fun, till the music stops.

13 hours ago, vodou said:

You'd think, except nothing is left after teachers, police, fire. Nothing. So the pace of debt issuance increases. Musical chairs all day long, lotsa fun, till the music stops.

If we can find another Bergen County resident, all we need is a 4th for bridge.

1 minute ago, Pete Marino said:

Sorry, I moved out about 6 years ago.  I'm in Monmouth now.

Now, I'm getting curious. There seem to be quite a few OA collectors from NJ here and I was wondering what the State breakdown of people on these boards might be?

I'm just over the Bergen boarder, in Morris county. I always knew NJ had a bunch of collectors, but am mildly surprised to see how many are boardies.

It makes me think that maybe Northern NJ could start having some comic art meetups. I invite any local guys to PM me if they'd be interested in attending one.

50 minutes ago, DJRome said:

I'm just over the Bergen boarder, in Morris county. I always knew NJ had a bunch of collectors, but am mildly surprised to see how many are boardies.

It makes me think that maybe Northern NJ could start having some comic art meetups. I invite any local guys to PM me if they'd be interested in attending one.

Worth considering. Just out of curiosity, are there any collector groups out there on a National level?

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

Now, I'm getting curious. There seem to be quite a few OA collectors from NJ here and I was wondering what the State breakdown of people on these boards might be?

>sigh< Okay now we can safely admit it: 100% of art collectors are from New Jersey.