• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA May Auction, lots of great art !
3 3

486 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, oldwhy said:

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but is it possible that there are a lot of Donnelly covers in this auction? A lot of the lower tier covers seem to have "modern stats". No biggie, just curious. 

There are a bunch...many appearing to have fuzzy attributions, buyers beware.

1 hour ago, NinjaSealed said:

I wonder if Sean Murphy won the Hush Batmobile piece and paid it off with yesterday’s art drop.

That piece felt a bit high as well, unless you REALLY like cars.

I bid 8 and tapped out. I prefer my Batmans non-microscopic. 

23 minutes ago, oldwhy said:

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but is it possible that there are a lot of Donnelly covers in this auction? A lot of the lower tier covers seem to have "modern stats". No biggie, just curious. 

Yep. The aforementioned Amethyst #1 cover is one of theirs.

6 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I guess The Cabal failed in their mission to cement all twice-up ASM covers at $200K+. hm

Epic fail.    Still, IMO not a very desirable one and thus a good price.      Certainly sets a floor of say.... 167k :insane:

Edited by Bronty

30 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

It says it sold at $51,385. (shrug)

It sold for $43,000 as the high bid plus any fees, taxes, shipping, etc.... it's amazing how a bid price you place ends up a bigger number as a total after everything is added in. 

That X-MEN #1 page for $75k was a good piece, not sure what it originally sold for over a decade ago when the book was split up and sold via Heritage Auction, but I'm sure it was less than $75k, since I think the pages went for between $15-50k if I'm not mistaken with most hovering in that $20k avg range.

Since it's the 1st Appearance of The X-MEN, I would think those pages are nearly unobtainable for most, but that $75k price seems like a decent price if you have deep pockets, especially given what run of the mill Jim Lee covers for comic books you can find in the dollar bins (meaning the artwork has amazing rendering but the actual comics themselves are lackluster and not historically noteworthy as a key)

21 minutes ago, BeholdersEye said:

That X-MEN #1 page for $75k was a good piece, not sure what it originally sold for over a decade ago when the book was split up and sold via Heritage Auction, but I'm sure it was less than $75k, since I think the pages went for between $15-50k if I'm not mistaken with most hovering in that $20k avg range.

Since it's the 1st Appearance of The X-MEN, I would think those pages are nearly unobtainable for most, but that $75k price seems like a decent price if you have deep pockets, especially given what run of the mill Jim Lee covers for comic books you can find in the dollar bins (meaning the artwork has amazing rendering but the actual comics themselves are lackluster and not historically noteworthy as a key)

well for one thing it was 90k with the fees wasn't it?   Nearly six figures is still a good chunk of change.   But yeah, great pages. 

2 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Yes, it's a big number.  Top [some fraction of] 1% for sure.  

I was the underbidder on the only piece I had any interest in (the unpublished Cap #125 cover).  If I was in a non-HA sales tax state, I would have bid it up another couple of increments, but, couldn't justify it with the tax. :frown:

Living in New Jersey I feel your pain.

3 minutes ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

Living in New Jersey I feel your pain.

All anyone living outside the US hears is when you guys complain is     blahblahblah:ohnoez:     

It could be worse, trust us ;)

Edited by Bronty