• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA May Auction, lots of great art !
3 3

486 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Not necessarily. It's possible someone might connect those dots and pay up for it, but the Gamora people chase seems to be the early stuff. There's been so much "infinity-retread" over the last 15-20 years at Marvel that there's no way everything with these character, those stones, and that sparkly glove is worth a lasting bump.

2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Not necessarily. It's possible someone might connect those dots and pay up for it, but the Gamora people chase seems to be the early stuff. There's been so much "infinity-retread" over the last 15-20 years at Marvel that there's no way everything with these character, those stones, and that sparkly glove is worth a lasting bump.

Oh, I generally agree. But, given the specific character arc in the film, and this page featuring Thanos being a fatherly figure to Gamora, might be a little undervalued, IMHO. But, well see what it finally hammers at.

Just now, PhilipB2k17 said:

The cover to Brave and the Bold #199 went for $13k.

It's a great cover

I like that cover too. Nice image. $15.5k all in would seem very healthy for a 1983 Aparo Spectre. 

If not for the $53k Aparo Spectre from 1975 that sold yesterday today's $15.5k might seem a little crazy. lol

2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I like that cover too. Nice image. $15.5k all in would seem very healthy for a 1983 Aparo Spectre. 

If not for the $53k Aparo Spectre from 1975 that sold yesterday today's $15.5k might seem a little crazy. lol

It also has Batman on the cover. So....

1 minute ago, Brian Peck said:

The Silver Surfer #1 Buscema and Sinnott went for $13K. Which is about 1/2 what the Donnelleys were asking for it. And that was a couple of years ago when I got a price from them.

It wasn't that great of a page. On another note, it seems like the Donnelleys just made a major Heritage purchase and are paying it off with consignments.

Edited by PhilipB2k17

I'm interested to see where that Blackhawk cover hammers. Especially with that cruddy added title that isn't reflective of the original book.

UPDATE: $5700 with buyers premium. Way more than it would have gone for before the Spielberg movie announcement.

Edited by PhilipB2k17

5 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I'm interested to see where that Blackhawk cover hammers. Especially with that cruddy added title that isn't reflective of the original book.

I should have bought that when it was on Mitch's site for $2700.  I'm sure it would be easy enough for Robert Dennis or someone else to fix the stats.

Also, did anyone else think the Byrne unpublished Iron Fist cover was a bargain?  I would have bid if I had been paying attention.

Am I the only one that's impressed that Heritage was able to get Leah Remini to be one of their auctioneers?