• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA May Auction, lots of great art !
3 3

486 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, NelsonAI said:

I thought Brave Bold 199 cover was better cover and better buy.

Better than?

47 minutes ago, NelsonAI said:

I thought Brave Bold 199 cover was better cover and better buy.

38 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Better than?

10 minutes ago, NelsonAI said:

Aparo Spectre cover for 53K.

Not in love with the inks on the main figure on the 199 cover, and not in love with Aparo's 80's work as much as his 70's work and certainly can't place B&B ahead of his stellar, but short, run on Adventure. 

Not digging either at the numbers where they finished but that Adventure run by Aparo is one of the very best of the decade. 

11 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I love me some Sam Kieth work...but what the what!?!?!?

$77,675 for an MCP cover?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

I am slack jawed

3 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I am slack jawed

It only takes two, and I heard there were at least 3 or 4 heavy hitters who wanted this one badly. 

39 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I love me some Sam Kieth work...but what the what!?!?!?

$77,675 for an MCP cover?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

No kidding. I'd  rather have that Kirby TOS Cap panel page where he's doing classic Kirby fighting for one third the price.

I was a little surprised about that Kirby Liberty Legion cover going for $21k, especially since it sat so long for so low (although I've learned that means nothing).  But the background is entirely stat, I believe, and I wasn't over the moon about the inks.  I would have rather had that great Sandman cover (granted, not as iconic, and not Marvel heroes).  

9 minutes ago, Flambit said:

I was a little surprised about that Kirby Liberty Legion cover going for $21k, especially since it sat so long for so low (although I've learned that means nothing).  But the background is entirely stat, I believe, and I wasn't over the moon about the inks.  I would have rather had that great Sandman cover (granted, not as iconic, and not Marvel heroes).  

The image is pretty nice, even without the stat overlay.  I used to own this years ago and regret not holding on to it.  

I really like the Infinity Gauntlet page with Thor striking Thanos, as that was really the only part of the IG comic that was in the movie, but I was outbid. :(

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/panel-pages/ron-lim-george-perez-joe-rubinstein-and-bruce-n-solotoff-infinity-gauntlet-4-story-page-28-thanos-and-thor-or/a/7187-93183.s?ic2=mybidspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyBids-101116

Edited by Timely

By the way, 16k (19K with the juice) for that Neal Adams GL/GA 77 oath page is remarkable.  Only one real panel of note (the oath panel) and Giacoia inks, which in itself is a deal breaker for me and many Adams collectors.  This hobby is nuts.

Edited by stinkininkin

3 minutes ago, Timely said:

I really like the Infinity Gauntlet page with Thor striking Thanos, as that was really the only part of the IG comic that was in the movie, but I was outbid. :(

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/panel-pages/ron-lim-george-perez-joe-rubinstein-and-bruce-n-solotoff-infinity-gauntlet-4-story-page-28-thanos-and-thor-or/a/7187-93183.s?ic2=mybidspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyBids-101116

That's a great page.

2 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

By the way, 16k (19K with the juice) for that Neal Adams oath page is remarkable.  Only one real panel of note (the oath panel) and Giacoia inks, which in itself is a deal breaker for me and many Adams collectors.  This hobby is nuts.

When I saw it I liked that it was an oath page, but could tell it didn't look like the Adams, or Giordano pages without even checking the credits. When I saw it was Giacoia I figured it was headed well short of where it finished.