• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA May Auction, lots of great art !
3 3

486 posts in this topic

Just now, batman_fan said:

I liked the Snoopy/Lucy swimming pool one but already got one I love :luhv:

I liked that one too.    Maybe one day.    I'm not in a rush.    

17 minutes ago, NinjaSealed said:

Infinity Gauntlet prices seemed about as expected maybe slightly low on average with a couple higher than I expected. I was close to getting a couple but they were all a bit above where I wanted to be.

Lim IG prices were all over the map... some of the more desirable pieces (IMO) ended up cheaper than many of the mediocre pages. This auction's Lim IG glut mixed with the movie's success seems to have confused the market and thrown valuations into disarray (shrug)

That said, Perez IG might be going supernova - that non-Thanos/non-action panel page for $6.3k was :whatthe:

5 minutes ago, O. said:

That said, Perez IG might be going supernova - that non-Thanos/non-action panel page for $6.3k was :whatthe:

That is nuts IMO based on that content.  That is more than most of his prime 70s Avengers non-splash pages have gone for.

Edited by Ironmandrd

Just now, Ironmandrd said:

That is nuts IMO based on that content.  That is more than most of his prime 70s Avengers non-splash pages have gone for.

It's the old marketing ploy of "Get 'em NOW....before nobody gives a damn."

5 minutes ago, O. said:

Lim IG prices were all over the map... some of the more desirable pieces (IMO) ended up cheaper than many of the mediocre pages.

Agreed.

The more desirable pieces that ended on the cheaper side were the ones I was close on. While I really like the stuff, I just don’t love the material enough to actually land one. lol

I have one nice Lim Surfer Page in the collection. So it tides me over.

On 5/10/2018 at 2:48 PM, delekkerste said:

I guess The Cabal failed in their mission to cement all twice-up ASM covers at $200K+. hm

I remember the days when we were promised, it was SWORN to us, that any twice up Romita ASM covers were MILLION DOLLAR COVERS.

Just wait and see they said. 

At least the market determines where quality, desirability and price meet and not pumpers. 

8 minutes ago, Doc Joe said:

My consolation prize since I got my butt beat on everything 

281EA752-401C-4D8A-A34E-3242C39C3DBA.jpeg

woodman.jpg.2448c37f3d1fa8b163fb1c25bb092fa9.jpg

3 hours ago, O. said:

Lim IG prices were all over the map... some of the more desirable pieces (IMO) ended up cheaper than many of the mediocre pages. This auction's Lim IG glut mixed with the movie's success seems to have confused the market and thrown valuations into disarray (shrug)

How much did the explosion page go for? 

Edited by PhilipB2k17

5 hours ago, O. said:

$20k for JRJR ASM #505 22-page interior?!?!

I agree...I bought 2 VERY similar complete 22 and 23 page  JRJR spidey stories a few years back with far better content.......for 5k and 7k each with juice.... From Heritage!!

Edited by romitaman

4 hours ago, comix4fun said:

I remember the days when we were promised, it was SWORN to us, that any twice up Romita ASM covers were MILLION DOLLAR COVERS.

Just wait and see they said. 

At least the market determines where quality, desirability and price meet and not pumpers. 

since this asm 61 cover had about 40 things DIFFERENT from the published comic...."MAYBE" that had something to do with the price.

18 minutes ago, romitaman said:

since this asm 61 cover had about 40 things DIFFERENT from the published comic...."MAYBE" that had something to do with the price.

Well, that never stopped the owner from being super "optimistic" with some Krazy predictions when he posted here. lol 

Edited by comix4fun

56 minutes ago, romitaman said:

I agree...I bought 2 VERY similar complete 22 and 23 page  JRJR spidey stories a few years back with far better content.......for 5k and 7k each with juice.... From Heritage!!

Hiya, Mike;

Ahem, for starters, when you say “a few years back...”, you actually meant 2012, which is 6 years back.

secondly, you paid $7.2K and 10.8K respectively, for those complete issues that you purchased from HA.

4 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Hiya, Mike;

Ahem, for starters, when you say “a few years back...”, you actually meant 2012, which is 6 years back.

secondly, you paid $7.2K and 10.8K respectively, for those complete issues that you purchased from HA.

Maybe he bought the one of the $5k stories from 2013? (shrug)  There was an ASM complete story and a Wolverine one both were in the low to mid $5k range. I don't know which issues he bought in particular. 

7 hours ago, delekkerste said:
7 hours ago, Bronty said:

I am slack jawed

It only takes two, and I heard there were at least 3 or 4 heavy hitters who wanted this one badly. 

It's a pretty iconic cover for Marvel 1990s fanboys.