• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA May Auction, lots of great art !
3 3

486 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, delekkerste said:

My comments via Instant Messenger to a friend before and during the Frazetta bidding (some comments redacted to make this less offensive than it already is):

- If Death Dealer gets any more bids, I'm going to break s***

- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

- FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

- OH HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

- HOW [censored] STUPID ARE PEOPLE

- OMFG

- FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF[censored]

- MOAR!!!

- HOLY HELL

- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAKE IT STOP

- MAKE IT STOP

I was in the middle of something when it went down, or I'm sure I would have let loose with the profanities myself.   Nuts.

Edited by Bronty

I remember a conversation that went something along the lines of what will be the first piece to break 1 Mil, and the one piece people thought would do it would be DD1 if it ever came up. If this one is 1.5, what's 1 gonna hammer at if the family lets it go?

Just now, ESeffinga said:

I remember a conversation that went something along the lines of what will be the first piece to break 1 Mil, and the one piece people thought would do it would be DD1 if it ever came up. If this one is 1.5, what's 1 gonna hammer at if the family lets it go?

This one was 1.8 (1.5 was before premium if you can believe that).    Who knows on #1.   more.

3 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

- If Death Dealer gets any more bids, I'm going to break s***

How much was DD1 at Metropolis? $1.0-1.5M? Maybe I am misremembering. Either way, it wasn't that long ago.

Just now, Bronty said:

113k for that FF splash isn't bad either considering the inks are wonky.    Battle ish though.

Very memorable splash from a very memorable issue (might have been the first Lee/Kirby FF issue I ever read).  Glad I didn't spend too much time thinking about bidding on it, though.

Just now, delekkerste said:

Very memorable splash from a very memorable issue (might have been the first Lee/Kirby FF issue I ever read).  Glad I didn't spend too much time thinking about bidding on it, though.

I get it.   I just wish the Thing's eyes didn't make him look like a raccoon.

Just now, ESeffinga said:

Gah. I've gotta hit the road in a few. I'm going to miss all the fun of saying "WTF" over and over again during that NM98

lol

I have to say I think this Platinum format is really working out for them.    

Just now, BCarter27 said:

How much was DD1 at Metropolis? $1.0-1.5M? Maybe I am misremembering. Either way, it wasn't that long ago.

I think DD 4 was around that price, and DD 2 a little more than that, but DD 1 I believe was at least $4 million, if not more. 

Just now, batman_fan said:

I have already gone through a full box of depends watching the final hammer on some of these pieces :whatthe:

Seriously!

Just now, NinjaSealed said:

These Jim Lee prices are wrong in relation to each other.

It was strange to see the FF piece go for almost as much as the Xmen.

I am guessing there is a cap on what a Lee will really go for. 

$65,725 for the UXM #248 cover.  I think some people were looking for more, but, I think #248 is more significant as a comic book than it is a great piece of art (no Wolvie, Cyclops, Rogue, etc., no Williams inks, early-and-not-yet-mature-Lee style, etc.)