• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA May Auction, lots of great art !
3 3

486 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

wonder woman 174 here

ww174.jpeg

DAMN!!! i owned this WW cover for about a week in the 1990s as i gave it to my lawyer (who collected comic art) to pay him off for suing a guy who stole most of my comic book collection back in 1992. (too long of a story to explain here) ... I won the judgement and got ZERO money from the deal....i always wondered if he still owned this cover....guess he decided to part with it...LOL

8 hours ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

I noticed two pages I had on watch got moved to later auctions. Guess some pieces are gonna be getting spread out so that they're easier to absorb.

I haven't checked it myself, but, I was just told that it looks like the ASM 55 cover has been removed from the auction. Probably the better move not to have two twice-up ASM covers in the same sale. 

Edited by delekkerste

Just now, Mr. Machismo said:

No Batman? No fun :( 

I think Batman would understand if you cheated on him with other heroes from time to time. 

5 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I think Batman would understand if you cheated on him with other heroes from time to time. 

Boy, you really don't know Batman, do you?

Word of advice, NEVER cheat on Batman.

I've just always liked the image, and part of it is sentimental.   Bought a copy when I was maybe... 13 or 14 (?) at Wizardry Games (long since defunct) for the princely sum of $15, and that was one of the most expensive comics I purchased back then.    I bought a #94 the same day for an astronomical $75 and I liked the 102 better :insane:

Edited by Bronty

3 hours ago, Bronty said:

I've just always liked the image, and part of it is sentimental.   Bought a copy when I was maybe... 13 or 14 (?) at Wizardry Games (long since defunct) for the princely sum of $15, and that was one of the most expensive comics I purchased back then.    I bought a #94 the same day for an astronomical $75 and I liked the 102 better :insane:

I'm in the same boat. I LOVE #102 ... nobody drew Juggernaut like Cockrum. Awesome comic AND cover art!

16 hours ago, romitaman said:

DAMN!!! i owned this WW cover for about a week in the 1990s as i gave it to my lawyer (who collected comic art) to pay him off for suing a guy who stole most of my comic book collection back in 1992. (too long of a story to explain here) ... I won the judgement and got ZERO money from the deal....i always wondered if he still owned this cover....guess he decided to part with it...LOL

Mike, the owner isn't who you think it is. I sold this WW cover for him over a year ago. The guy I sold it to traded it to another dealer who probably consigned it. This guy who consigned it to HA was asking $50K at the Comic Art Con in NJ last September. 

12 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I haven't checked it myself, but, I was just told that it looks like the ASM 55 cover has been removed from the auction. Probably the better move not to have two twice-up ASM covers in the same sale. 

Yeah, I just checked. They also seem to have moved some sub-mariner and daredevil pages. They had a lot of dd pages.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, comix4fun said:

I would not called cheating,
more of a "Team-up"
Kind of Batman Brave and the Bold thing...

You know, You just have to do it to save the world..!

:angel: