• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper (and early modern) you keep on buying anyway...
1 1

75 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2018 at 6:57 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

UXM 205, 210-212, 256-258, 267-283

DD 241

ASM 331, 332, 333

GI Joe 26, 27 all prints

IH 367, 368

CA 285, 286

Ghost Rider 1, 2, 5, 5 gold 2nd print, 6, 15 gold 2nd print

New Mutants 89-99

Wolvie 17, 25, 41, 41 gold, 42, 42 gold

Why no UXM 213?

On 4/5/2018 at 2:24 PM, the blob said:

Yes, but honestly, would it be surprising if a lot of those late valiants got tossed or otherwise trashed as valiant was just the worst in the eyes of many collectors and dealers? I remember my LCS putting copies of Magnus 1, X-O 1, and Solar 1 out on the rack in the late 90s at cover price and nobody bought them. Of course, I guess a lot of the current valiant books are getting trashed too as I pass plenty in the cheap boxes.

There has never been a time when there was no one buying Valiants, since they began. It was just a matter of not being in the right place. Had I been there, I would have happily, gladly, joyfully bought all of those books for cover price, as many as they had. If they had 1,000 copies of X-O #1 in the late 90's, I would have gladly paid $2,000 for them all.

VEI doesn't have the same magic. 

I've spent around 40K on Spawn comics. If that doesn't qualify as a mental illness...............

actually, it's probably more than that. I'm too terrified to take a hard look at the receipts. lol 

Edited by newshane

53 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

There has never been a time when there was no one buying Valiants, since they began. It was just a matter of not being in the right place. Had I been there, I would have happily, gladly, joyfully bought all of those books for cover price, as many as they had. If they had 1,000 copies of X-O #1 in the late 90's, I would have gladly paid $2,000 for them all.

VEI doesn't have the same magic. 

I bought them all from him for $1 each. Sold many of them too early. I'm not thinking as much about the #1s (afterall, he didn't put them in the 10 - 50 cent boxes (yes, he had a 10 cent box, but only later valiants in there)), but some of the other pre-unity books only a few people cared about. Seen them in 25 - 50 cent boxes getting smashed.

Edited by the blob

Here is a Copper Age book that I always pick up when I see it, usually found in $1 boxes. This is Alex Ross' first published work, so maybe someday they will be valuable. Some people pay crazy money for rare variants by Ross and other prominent artists, why not pick up a first work  by a prominent artist for $1?

IMAG0146.thumb.jpg.40196d68551aeae97735a829cef114de.jpg

1 hour ago, Parabellum said:

Burning Earth was also a great Terminator story.  That should have been a plot line for a Terminator movie.  Not the obominations that followed T2.

Agreed. Most of the comics and novels had more interesting stories. The Enemy Within is a good read, and one of my favorites. 

Tempest, secondary objectives, enemy within and end game should have been the follow on terminator movies.  They where so good.  I honestly didn’t mind the NOW comics either.  It caught a lot of flak but for being a post terminator (1984) series it was good considering they didn’t have much to work with.

Edited by Parabellum

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

UXM 205, 210-212, 256-258, 267-283

DD 241

ASM 331, 332, 333

GI Joe 26, 27 all prints

IH 367, 368

CA 285, 286

Ghost Rider 1, 2, 5, 5 gold 2nd print, 6, 15 gold 2nd print

New Mutants 89-99

Wolvie 17, 25, 41, 41 gold, 42, 42 gold

Why Cap #285 and not #287?

10 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Tempest, secondary objectives, enemy within and end game should have been the follow on terminator movies.  They where so good.  I honestly didn’t mind the NOW comics either.  It caught a lot of flak but for being a post terminator (1984) series it was good considering they didn’t have much to work with.

All great series for sure. NOW had a decent run with the original series, Burning Earth, and All my Futures Past before Dark Horse picked up the license. I know you said you hated the follow up movies, but the Terminator Salvation: The Final Battle comic series was pretty good, but hard to find (low print runs).

On 4/13/2018 at 3:12 PM, Jimbo749 said:

Here is a Copper Age book that I always pick up when I see it, usually found in $1 boxes. This is Alex Ross' first published work, so maybe someday they will be valuable. Some people pay crazy money for rare variants by Ross and other prominent artists, why not pick up a first work  by a prominent artist for $1?

IMAG0146.thumb.jpg.40196d68551aeae97735a829cef114de.jpg

I vividly remember buying that off of the stands at a convenience store down the street, simply because the cover was stunning. My child brain was tripping over the photo-realistic painted artwork...in a comic! Definitely made an impression.

On 4/17/2018 at 1:29 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

If 287 is the other deathlock cover and not 285, then I meant 287.

also, any and all of these covers, all day long:

C2FB1DEA-0FA6-40B5-A90C-CA66F13CC8FA.jpeg

I have a long box... :D

I was so annoyed when Kindred and Deathblow came out and were immediately $15. So I'll buy them out of $1 boxes all day long. Someone has a long box filled? I'll take 'em.