• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love and Rockets Thread
5 5

138 posts in this topic

Love and Rockets #1 Fifth printing  (s/s by all three Hernandez Brothers at Motor City Con 2018). There is one other book on the census (9.4).  This book has a "lite bend" (top front cover) and a "right front top non-color breaking crease". It looks amazing elsewhere so I might press and regrade it (not for any value, but for me). 

LR 1 5th printing 92.jpg

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

@Ron C. which is your favorite LR cover of the original series?

All of the covers are pretty unique in their own way, but I think my favorite is #8. This one just came back. I see that the OA of this cover sold on HA in 11/16 for over 11k.

LR8 94 1st printing.jpg

17 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

All of the covers are pretty unique in their own way, but I think my favorite is #8. This one just came back. I see that the OA of this cover sold on HA in 11/16 for over 11k.

LR8 94 1st printing.jpg

this came up on a heritage auction for the original art. I wanted to win this one badly. I love this cover a lot. unfortunately it went well beyond my price range and I lost.

5 hours ago, Ron C. said:

Here is the Third Printing of Love and Rockets #2 signed by all three Hernandez Bros. It finally got added to the CGC census, but since it is the only copy, it hasn't made it to the Registry.

LR2 Third Printing 98.jpg

Great cover! Congrats! 

9 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

I don’t know anything about love and rockets mag 

i will have to google it to see what all the buzz is about⁉️⁉️

It's more about comic history than buzz. The Hernandez brothers were among the first in the Indy comic/Small Press book movement. The covers and interior art pushed the envelope compared to what the larger companies were printing in the early 80's. I bought my first copy in 1982/1983 and am enjoying adding to my collection here and there. Hopefully, there are a few out there who enjoy the posts... either way, I'm still having fun.

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

he screwed this up last year and I picked up the mistake (it was on the back of the sketch I purchased)

I loved this rendition of Maggie.

Hey!

Some nice stuff on this thread!

Is anyone familiar with this comic?  "Crime Stoppers of America" by Beto. It's a limited edition of 30, with a sketch and signature on the inside cover by Beto. From Beto at the the 2002 San Diego Con.

Just wondering if there were more of these printed without the sketch, limited edition and signature. I was hoping to find a reading copy.

Thanks!  

20180723_154444.jpg

On 10/16/2018 at 10:43 PM, captain_em said:

Hey!

Some nice stuff on this thread!

Is anyone familiar with this comic?  "Crime Stoppers of America" by Beto. It's a limited edition of 30, with a sketch and signature on the inside cover by Beto. From Beto at the the 2002 San Diego Con.

Just wondering if there were more of these printed without the sketch, limited edition and signature. I was hoping to find a reading copy.

Thanks!  

20180723_154444.jpg

I have not seen this one before.

2 hours ago, Transplant said:

Man, I just read Love Bunglers this week.  It was crushing.

I read it a few years ago, I was traveling at the time and could not stop crying in my hotel room. It solidified for me that Jaimes work and Maggie as a character were my all time favorites