• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Love and Rockets Thread
5 5

138 posts in this topic

I have been looking for this one for a while. The Third Printing of Love and Rockets #1 (1982) has been just so hard to find. There is this one and a 4.5 as the only CGC graded. The first printing has a $2.95 price and the second printing is $3.50. If you have a nicer raw copy that you are willing to part with, please let me know!

Love and Rockets 1 Third Printing.jpg

Here are the three printings of this 1982 #1 issue.... perhaps for the first time ever in the same image.  :) The First copy is somewhat smaller than the other two.

Love and Rockets 3 issues.jpg

On 4/13/2018 at 2:25 PM, AmirHamza said:

Thank you for sharing it's great

Thank you. I have over 50 Love and Rockets and Penny Century books that I have collected over the years that I am bringing to Motor City next month for Beto, Jaime and Mario to sign. I am looking forward to it!

On 3/31/2018 at 7:01 PM, Ron C. said:

I would love to see if or how many Hernandez fans are present on these boards. I will be posting several dozen (or more) books over the next month or two. If you have books... I would love to see them so please post them here!!

I started a thread in copper some time ago but gave up on it.. I could move my pics here if you'd like

1 hour ago, Ron C. said:

Thank you. I have over 50 Love and Rockets and Penny Century books that I have collected over the years that I am bringing to Motor City next month for Beto, Jaime and Mario to sign. I am looking forward to it!

I wasn't aware they would be there. I may need to hit the con then

22 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I wasn't aware they would be there. I may need to hit the con then

Is it Hector? I think I bought one of your Luba sketches... I love it.. as well as the one I got directly from Gilbert. The more Los Bros Hernandez fans the better!!

There doesn't seem to be a single source on what is a 1st vs. 2nd vs. 3rd or more printing for each of these books..... so any help would be appreciated. Here are a few more books that I am showing before signature and grading. Issue 1 appears to be a 5th printing, 5-9 and 11-15 appear to be 2nd printings. #10 may also be a 2nd printing. The others, I don't have a reference for, since this does not appear to be a highly collected series. Thank you for reading this either way!!

LR1.jpg

LR2.jpg

LR3.jpg

LR4.jpg

LR5.jpg