• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Part IV! Brian's (ffasm58) Collection Avengers, Spidey, FF and more!
2 2

95 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, loboagain said:

Sgt. Fury #37 CGC 9.2 $60 Mile High 2

sgt fury 37902.jpg

sgt fury 37903.jpg

sgt fury 37904.jpg

take

19 hours ago, lizards2 said:

:cloud9: Seeing all these awesome Gene Colan covers reminds me of why Daredevil became my favorite when I first started collecting.  :cloud9: 

44 was the first one I ever bought off the rack.......and 48 began a long run for me. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:
21 hours ago, lizards2 said:

:cloud9: Seeing all these awesome Gene Colan covers reminds me of why Daredevil became my favorite when I first started collecting.  :cloud9: 

44 was the first one I ever bought off the rack.......and 48 began a long run for me. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Mine was #80 that I picked up in Oakridge, Oregon, where I grew up. 

I remember picking up #81 on a fishing/crabbing trip to Winchester Bay the next month - it rained miserably that trip - I think I bought quite a few books on that trip at the little bait/tackle/grocery shop that is still there, but I was likely curtailed in my spending by the jump in prices from 15 to 25 cents! 

The Jester storyline in the 40s issue numbers were some of the first back issues I picked up in Son of Koobdooga Books on 13th Avenue in Eugene, Oregon.  They had a little room in back that was a comic shop.  I remember my parents waiting patiently (or maybe not) in the car outside - we only made it into Eugene once in awhile for dentist appointments and shopping trips.

On one of my birthdays a year or two later, my brother that was seven years older than I, and who was attending the University of Oregon at the time, got me a Daredevil #3 and an ASM #24 as gifts.  The Daredevil #3 is still in my keeper collection 44-45 years later!  I used to take the Greyhound bus (a lot of stories about those bus trips...., ) in from Oakridge to visit him, and stay in the dorms with him. I vividly remember him pulling those two books out of his closet for my birthday!