• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad price-marking

8 posts in this topic

These look like your typical CGC Stan Lee Signature Series books to me.... :acclaim:

On 4/1/2018 at 6:57 AM, Peaky said:

Anyone come across any worse price-marking than these :(. How to spoil a great comic cover.

4FF1C32F-5470-4E86-BF66-2643CC7376F6.jpeg

2A7CE47C-8B4B-42CE-8806-ED49EBEBF4A3.jpeg

The first two books remind me of when I first started reading comics, buying them from the local bus station newsstand.  

The stall usually only had the month's UK-distributed issues, but once, in '74 or '75, they had quite a stack of older DCs, defaced by felt-tip pen prices which were easily as bad as the ones you've shown. I recall buying Forever People 2, Teen Titans 23 and Metamorpho 10.  Absolutely thrilled to get hold of them, even though they were in quite ragged condition. 

Even though I'm an OCD condition nutjob and primarily a digital reader now, that remains a very nostalgic starting point.

Edited by Ken Aldred