• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are a few bubbles going to be popping soon like IM#55,NM#87 and ASM#300?
3 3

46 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Isn't there an X-Force movie coming that will give Cable another bite at the apple down the line? 

Nothing confirmed. Appears a version of X-Force will be in the movie, but all the trailers have Cable and DP fighting each other. Very unknown outcome so far. Either way, the first movie is was gives characters a big bump now. After that it's pretty flat if they appear in other movies.

Edited by ygogolak

8 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Nothing confirmed. Appears a version of X-Force will be in the movie, but all the trailers have Cable and DP fighting each other. Very unknown outcome so far. Either way, the first movie is was gives characters a big bump now. After that it's pretty flat if they appear in other movies.

Thx, I recalled the X-Force movie rumor but wasn't up on the latest. I assume cable would feature heavily in any X-force movies; I wasn't much for the comics themselves, but I thought he was the centerpiece of that title. Just thought X-force movies would give him a longer runway, but as you say any major lift likely already occurred based on this upcoming screen debut.

In any event, I guess I'm in the "correction possible/no additional major run-up probable" camp on all three.

4 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Thx, I recalled the X-Force movie rumor but wasn't up on the latest. I assume cable would feature heavily in any X-force movies; I wasn't much for the comics themselves, but I thought he was the centerpiece of that title. Just thought X-force movies would give him a longer runway, but as you say any major lift likely already occurred based on this upcoming screen debut.

In any event, I guess I'm in the "correction possible/no additional major run-up probable" camp on all three.

If there is an xforce movie does that mean my 200 copies of Xforce 1 will be worth something lol

Figure this would be a good place for a quick question.  What would be the better long term investment (wouldn't sell either but don't want to lose money either).  Picking up one of the following and the question of a bubble burst just gave me pause.  Books would be 1) NM 98 in about a 7/8 or a IH 180 in about a 3/4.  Which has the better long term holding ability?  I'm not going to be able to pick up a IH 181 anytime soon but figure a 180 is the next best thing and the NM 98 is still going strong right now.

4 hours ago, Brewcrewfan77 said:

Figure this would be a good place for a quick question.  What would be the better long term investment (wouldn't sell either but don't want to lose money either).  Picking up one of the following and the question of a bubble burst just gave me pause.  Books would be 1) NM 98 in about a 7/8 or a IH 180 in about a 3/4.  Which has the better long term holding ability?  I'm not going to be able to pick up a IH 181 anytime soon but figure a 180 is the next best thing and the NM 98 is still going strong right now.

I think there's a lot of room for IH 180 to grow. 181 is quickly getting out of the range of a lot of collectors, so 180 is appealing as it's the actual first appearance, so still quite a feather in the cap, and under-appreciated. NM 98 I think will level off, especially in anything under 9.8. Just my two cents, and worth precisely that much.