• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Conan the Barbarian

9 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, FutureFlash said:

When it was announced they got the license back, I believe it was going to launch next year. Can't wait

Yes, looking forward to it. Hopefully, Marvel's Conan gets a decent artist. Too bad Marvel can't bring back Belit, and say it was her clone that passed away in Conan v. 1 :wishluck: #100.

I just hope they take another crack at reprinting the BWS run.  Dark Horse tried - but that recolouring killed it for me.  I've still got the Marvel Essentials Conan in glorious B&W but would love to see a colour BWS that doesn't destroy the artwork!

1 hour ago, roach04 said:

I just hope they take another crack at reprinting the BWS run.  Dark Horse tried - but that recolouring killed it for me.  I've still got the Marvel Essentials Conan in glorious B&W but would love to see a colour BWS that doesn't destroy the artwork!

I finally just put together a run of the originals.  None of the reprints have ever looked as good in my opinion.  (With the possible exception of some of the early reprints where BWS did his own coloring.)

On 4/3/2018 at 10:59 PM, aardvark88 said:

Yes, looking forward to it. Hopefully, Marvel's Conan gets a decent artist. Too bad Marvel can't bring back Belit, and say it was her clone that passed away in Conan v. 1 :wishluck: #100.

Hopefully they will go back and forth in time to allow more Belit stories to be told. I thought Dark Horse did a very good job with the Belit storyline and overall their Conan books were very solid. Hoping Marvel will do as good a job.

On 4/3/2018 at 9:59 PM, aardvark88 said:

Don't give Marvel any ideas....Conan: Maximum Clonage

I wonder if they will get Roy Thomas to kick things off.

12 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Hopefully they will go back and forth in time to allow more Belit stories to be told. Hoping Marvel will do as good a job.

With all the Marvel reboots, I can imagine a tribute to Little Archie like 'Little Conan and Little Belit' adventures in the Jungle edited by Roy Thomas. Would make a nice storyboard for a cartoon series. :bigsmile: