• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me buy more vinyl records [PRICES SLASHED!]
3 3

81 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

@crassus yes, as of now I have 5 albums total lol

lol think of it as room to grow...but watch out, just like comics it will start to come down to how much room....

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

The Beatles "Butcher album" is one of the most valuable and sought after vinyl's 

Image result for beatles butcher album

And there's multiple versions.. due to it having been released, then the cover changed and had the trunk cover pasted over existing butcher covers (where you can barely see through and tell that the butcher cover is underneath.. notably Paul's dark hair showing through the white background of the "new" cover if I remember correctly). There is also the "peeled" versions where people realized they had the copies that had the new cover pasted over old, and tried to remove it; most of the time steaming it and peeling. Those vary due to quality of the peel job.   Also notably is that there is a promotional copy of the original cover out there, but I only heard about that from the shop that had it and sold it.

Collecting records is fun and it is a lot like comics. Some great covers, need to handled carefully, are habit forming in both collecting and searching for, and they take up a lot of space if you find enough good ones.  I collected for about 25 years, including a few stints working at various record stores; and still dabble in it every now and then. Even still these days, I wiill always check out a record store or two in  any city I go visit.

Just now, TheFifthHorseman said:

Come again?

Don't mind if I do..., 

27 minutes ago, oceans11 said:

And there's multiple versions.. due to it having been released, then the cover changed and had the trunk cover pasted over existing butcher covers (where you can barely see through and tell that the butcher cover is underneath.. notably Paul's dark hair showing through the white background of the "new" cover if I remember correctly). There is also the "peeled" versions where people realized they had the copies that had the new cover pasted over old, and tried to remove it; most of the time steaming it and peeling. Those vary due to quality of the peel job.   Also notably is that there is a promotional copy of the original cover out there, but I only heard about that from the shop that had it and sold it.

Collecting records is fun and it is a lot like comics. Some great covers, need to handled carefully, are habit forming in both collecting and searching for, and they take up a lot of space if you find enough good ones.  I collected for about 25 years, including a few stints working at various record stores; and still dabble in it every now and then. Even still these days, I wiill always check out a record store or two in  any city I go visit.

Me, and my buddy, Larry waited in line at Dolly's Records in Pasadena, CA and bought this the day it came out. There is also I believe a "bootleg" 7" EP of it as well. I'd have to dig it out of my collection to check and I'm not home now. I was more of a Stones fan at the time...