• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pitt Image Red ashcan

6 posts in this topic

Sorry if there is already a topic on this, I could not find one using the search feature. I have a copy of the red Pitt ashcan from Image back in 1992. I have looked using Google and could not find any unsigned and numbered copies, and it appears that all of the graded copies in the census are Qualified because of the unwitnessed signatures. Has anyone ever seen an unsigned copy before? I'm looking to sell this, but I wanted to get some information on it first. 

007.jpg

23 hours ago, Matthew Besman said:

not sure..are you still selling?

Nope, already sold. I also received a PM from another board member on this a couple weeks back, so there appears to be some interest in this book. I sold it a while back on eBay. The person I sold it to listed it again on eBay and flipped it for a nice profit for himself. It ended up selling via Best Offer for $200.

37 minutes ago, Oat Willy1 said:

$200???!! Who gives a mess about Pitt anymore?

It's more of the difficulty of finding this particular ashcan not signed, as almost all the copies of it were. 

The later issues of Pitt also go for a premium because of low print runs.