• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brittany McManus CGC employee - If you know her you will want to help!!!
8 8

102 posts in this topic

Hey everyone...so I have confirmed we won't be able to get a 501c3 to funnel the money through.

I will be setting up a GoFundMe page today that any gifts can be sent to.  If someone wants to send a check to the family to avoid the 3% processing fee I will see if I can get an address on where to send that.

Also I will be setting up another thread for people to post their items for sale that the funds will go to the Fund and people can post links to ebay auctions etc.

9 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Planning on donating.  Just want to confirm this gofundme page was set up at the request of Ms. McManus?  Thanks

Yes...she is very grateful that people are even considering helping her.

Edited by Kevlar

The forum fundraiser thread is active, though it's in the Mixed forum, so it's not getting the traffic it deserves.  I thought I'd point it out to people here. 

Edit: looks like it just moved to the G/S/B sales forums :banana:

Edited by Turtle
Updated thread location

They take Paypal @DR.X  I just found this on the GoFundMe page (after looking for a bit).

PayPal

GoFundMe only accepts donations via PayPal to Certified Charity campaigns created after November 3, 2016.

All Personal campaigns and Certified Charity campaigns created prior to November 3, 2016, accept donations by credit or debit cards only.

If you're unable to donate using a credit or debit card, you can always get in touch with the Campaign Organizer to ask whether they're able to receive your donation another way.

To do this, visit the campaign you'd like to donate to and click or tap the envelope icon next to the Campaign Organizer’s name. This will allow you to send them a direct message.

On 4/14/2018 at 9:47 PM, Turtle said:

The forum fundraiser thread is active, though it's in the Mixed forum, so it's not getting the traffic it deserves.  I thought I'd point it out to people here. 

Edit: looks like it just moved to the G/S/B sales forums :banana:

Just bought a book in the fundraiser thread (amazing to see the generous donations of books for sale in that thread!), and added a bit extra to the donation. Get well soon Brittany!