• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Orlando Quevedo "Manhattan View" painting

27 posts in this topic

It was a print, that's what made me NOT buy it. But I know next to nothing about paintings.

If I did buy it, they would have placed a new matte and a new frame around the painting, then mail it to me (FedEx) to Canada, no extra charge, other than Duty when it arrives.

For further enticement, they also offered a no-interest 12-month payment plan.

Anyway, I still like the painting so I have it as my laptop wallpaper, and I paid nothing for it. Good deal! :) 

Oh, they also had an original black and white Picasso on display at the auction, with an opening bid of (I think it was?) $9,000.

No one bought it.

His painting looked like a 5-year-old drew it, not a fan of his.

18 hours ago, CAMPER49 said:

Oh, they also had an original black and white Picasso on display at the auction, with an opening bid of (I think it was?) $9,000.

No one bought it.

His painting looked like a 5-year-old drew it, not a fan of his.

I have heard that picasso would scribble out a doodle to pay for a dinner party. There are a lot of "picassos" out there that were given little thought it seems.

On 4/4/2018 at 4:59 PM, speedcake said:

It should read "to create Drowning Girl, Roy Lichtenstein plagiarized comic book art and became famous among pretentious art world gits with zero talent of their own"

BUT I DIGRESS 

This x 1,000,000