• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big key collecting question...Would you rather
2 2

37 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

TTA35 is a way better cover than TTA27, i have always been sad that it never got the love it deserves. i love antmans costume!

So true. IMO, TTA 35 should be the more significant and sought after book to TTA27. TTA27 is a prototype issue. All the other PreHero prototype issues don't get the attention like TTA 27. Crazy.

21 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

So true. IMO, TTA 35 should be the more significant and sought after book to TTA27. TTA27 is a prototype issue. All the other PreHero prototype issues don't get the attention like TTA 27. Crazy.

This is spot on ! TTA #35 is way undervalued going forward. I agree, I agree ! ! !  TTA #27 Is great but it is a prototype book.

On April 7, 2018 at 10:15 PM, paul747 said:

This is spot on ! TTA #35 is way undervalued going forward. I agree, I agree ! ! !  TTA #27 Is great but it is a prototype book.

I think guys are only half spot-on in that TTA 35 is underrated. But I don't lump 27 in with all the other true prototypes because it IS Hank Pym, and a few short months later his story is advanced when he creates a costume. After FF, he's the earliest example of Stan and Jack's bringing continuity Marvel-style to the world. It is about the toughest of the silver Marvel keys to find (though one can of course find at least a few of each key at any time). It's very early too in that 10-cent Marvel keys are this and FF1&2. If anything, Hank Pym in general, let alone 35, doesn't get the love he deserves. I see him as Marvel's Martian Manhunter, the key supporting hero whose thread runs through so much: Antman to Giant Man to Goliath to yellowjacket, but also the wellspring for the wasp, egghead, ultron, the vision, Bill Foster/Black Goliath, Hawkeye's stint as Goliath, Scott Lang as Antman. Just my 2 cents, but I think "prototype" sells it way short. 

Sorry for sidetrack, but to the OP question, I'd take FF1, despite the fact I obviously have regard for 27, and I'm an Avengers/Iron Man/Cap fan at the heart of my Marvel Fanhood. As such, I probably have more love for Avengers 1 than many who have commented already. Despite no first appearances, so what? It's the first appearance of a great, enduring Marvel concept that bigger than its parts and is at the center of the MU, so I love it just as much as the various true first apps. Just my take.

I love what FF represents. And it is the foundation, but I'd rather have the three pack personally. Those characters just resonate with me more. They had a hard time properly representing the FF in my lifetime so that is why I am a bit against them.

Edited by J.Biz