• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gweedo Frames
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the standard turn around for a frame from Gweedos?   I ordered (and paid) online back on March 14, 2018 and there has been complete silence from them since.    My account status is "awaiting fulfillment".  I understand building frames could take some time, but the website doesn't mention anything about delay.   Is this standard?  Is Gweedos still in business?

I ordered a frame 2 weeks ago and have not received it yet as well. I just called and he said he is backed up about 8 weeks with orders. He is doing them in order so it will be about 2 months.

Edited by Donovanham
Got answer

Any update on this?  I was looking to order 12-15 frames, but want to make sure they're still coming through.

I had written a few times asking about colour, etc, and never got a response back.  Normally I'd use that as a sign, but those frames are still the nicest ones I've seen.

Well, it's only been a few weeks for me, but I think I'll have to cancel the order.  His frames look the best, but he's not replying to email and I assume he's either too busy or not doing the frames anymore.

Has anyone found any alternatives?  I was trying to get 12-15 with museum glass and most of the other cgc related frames don't look as good.

Sorry to hear Gweedo's is not responding.  The other one I've heard of is Frame It Again Sam.  Though I don't have any of his frames they have looked nice when I've seen them as well.  I don't think he does Museum Glass as a standard option, but you could write to him and ask if he could do them.

Just wanted to post an update.  Since Gweedo's wouldn't respond to email, I was able to file a claim with PayPal and have my funds returned.  Sucks, as I would have preferred the frames.

I did reach out to Frame it Again Sam; even if it doesn't matter, I'd prefer the museum glass.  That said, their frames are still nice, but they said they're in the process of moving and don't know if they're going to continue doing frames.

So, kind of stuck.  I wish there was another one like Gweedo's, but I can understand there isn't enough volume of buyers to keep these guys going.

Have you looked into either of these two places?  I haven't used them, but I have been debating trying these (and Gweedo's, well until all this stuff happened).

http://www.gradecomstore.com/graded-book-pod-museum-edition/

They have an option where you can put a UV protector on the slab, maybe like a screen protector?

https://www.dynamiccomicdisplays.com/themed-cgc-cbcs-displays

Some of these look really nice, but adding museum glass can make the price jump quite a bit (expected, I suppose).

I saw the first one (POD), but originally didn't look at them as they weren't as nice as the others.  But the real problem is that they only offer a stick-on sheet for UV protection, and i don't trust in my ability to stick those on without bubbles.  Plus, I was hoping to rotate my books (I really want to display and enjoy them) and would have to stick protection on all of them.

The dynamic one is interesting, but doesn't really match our style.

Thanks a lot for the links.  Looks like I'm just a bit too late to act on these when they were available.

I was a long-time customer of the Gweedo's product for years and years.  I still feel it is the best frame I've seen.  Unfortunately, my last frame from him took about 6 months for him to finish and deliver.  Part of it was the delay in getting the TruVue Museum glass I paid extra for.  The other part was I think he was just going out of business.  Website went down shortly after.

A friend of mine was also buying frames from him, and now if either of us switch to a new product our treasure rooms will not match.  I might offer to buy his frames from him, but I don't think he will sell unless someone can find a suitable alternative.

Been thinking of trying the plain Ebony CGC frame from Dynamic Comic Displays, but the website doesn't offer the museum acrylic option on that.