• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Preservation/Storage question

3 posts in this topic

Hello. Most of my books are raw, stored in Gerber Mylites with Gerber fullbacks, in a Gerber acid-free box. As for my slabbed comics, I have about ten of the most valuable stored in Gerber Golden age sleeves, then placed horizontally in Post Office priority mail boxes with a layer of bubble wrap between them, then placed in a plastic storage tote with locking cover. My other graded comics are stored in Gerber sleeves, then placed upright in the common CGC cardboard box for graded comics. I am looking for opinions as to which is the better method. Should I rotate them? Is it bad to store them horizontally in a plastic tote? Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

The general consensus in the hobby is comics are best stored upright in boxes.  Raw or slabbed.  And it certainly is the most efficient way space wise to store books. My slabs are upright in CGC boxes and my raws are upright in dealer boxes. 

That said, I've seen a few fairly well researched articles that have come to the conclusion that once comics are slabbed, storing them upright, laying flat or on their sides doesn't seem to make any difference. 

So for me I went with the general consensus that also happens to be the most efficient and easiest. Upright in boxes designed for raw or slabbed books.