• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tonfulle-84 He's back! With PGX authenticated Lee and Jack Kirby autographs

22 posts in this topic

Back at it. With PGX legitimizing this. Of course, no picture taken of the Kirby prior to encapsulation was included:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVELS-FANTASTIC-FOUR-65-VG-4-0-PGX-CERTIFIED-SIGNED-STAN-LEE-JACK-KIRBY/132564553056?hash=item1edd768d60:g:6XIAAOSwxAhawD7U

A $1500 try at a double defaced, forged comic worth less than a dollar. (tsk)

His Lee has improved, but it's still garbage.

StanLeeTonfullewithKirby.jpg

More fraud up for grabs. Same hand, except that hand doesn't belong to Stan Lee.

Funny that he includes a picture of the centerfold, so you can see how secure it is on this bargain box cannon fodder, yet that's as clear and large an image of the signature itself that he can manage. :roflmao:

I've got news for Tonfulle-84. He can use the opposite end of binoculars to shoot the picture through and people that have Stan's signature clocked will still be able to tell that he wasn't near this dreck with a pen in his hand, it would be laughable if it wasn't attempted mail fraud if it doesn't sell and mail fraud if some poor schnook takes the bait..

TonfulleMM.jpg

Edited by James J Johnson

Dredging the bottom of the barrel for worthless garbage for forgeries!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-FRANKENSTEIN-MONSTER-18-FN-5-5-SIGNED-STAN-LEE-NICE-AND-COMPLETE-L-K/132569036073?hash=item1eddbaf529:g:GJ8AAOSwdPtaxYfB

Back cover! :bigsmile:  What a prize piece for "Stan" to sign.

It would be sad if it wasn't criminal.

LeeForgedFrank1.jpg

LeeforgedFrank2.jpg

Now this one is interesting. Like all the non-signed items, he included a large, clearer image of the item, because in his mind, he nailed this forgery.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1-NM-9-6-SIGNED-STAN-LEE-GRADE-WORTHY-OVERSIZED-L-K/132571788711?hash=item1edde4f5a7:g:EcYAAOSweCNayDpl

But he didn't! This one should have been shredded like all the rest. Waste not, want not, right?

:boo:

Can anybody else here see just how bad these all are, or am I laughing all by myself?  :wishluck:

LeeNailed.jpg

Edited by James J Johnson

6 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-FRANKENSTEIN-MONSTER-18-FN-5-5-SIGNED-STAN-LEE-NICE-AND-COMPLETE-L-K/132569036073?hash=item1eddbaf529:g:GJ8AAOSwdPtaxYfB

LeeForgedFrank1.jpg

LeeforgedFrank2.jpg

This truly is sad AND criminal!

And now that this fraudulent crook has an equally fraudulent grading company "verifying" these obviously-fraudulent signatures on pure JUNK comicbooks, there will be a glut of crimes being committed against unwitting comic and memorabilia collectors.

If someone were to buy a really cheap item from this crook, find out exactly where this crook is dealing from, then call an investigative pitbull-journalist to hound him 60-minutes style, that could drive him out for at least a while.

6 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

LeeForgedFrank1.jpg

LeeforgedFrank2.jpg

Worthless drek i can't believe he even bothered to mention a grade of 5.5  its more like a 3.0 not that it makes any difference with this drek

17 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Worthless drek i can't believe he even bothered to mention a grade of 5.5  its more like a 3.0 not that it makes any difference with this drek

The only NEUTRAL-feedback he has is from buyers of his fraudulent signatures complaining about his poor grading, not the fraudulent signatures.

So, so obvious these are all fraudulent signatures because even the fairly decent books that any rational person MIGHT get a real Stan Lee signature on (ASM 9/11 tribute, XF 1st Domino) are about the only ones NOT to have "Stan Lee" fraudulently signed.

Stan currently charges well over $150 a sig, so is this guy really losing over $125 every time he sells a 4.0 drek signed book for $25? Of course not, he's turning a 50-cent bargain nothing-book into $25-$35 cash over and over and over again based on FRAUD.

Disgusting! He WILL be named and outed some day.

Edited by jcjames
Neutral, not negative fb

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

Disgusting! He WILL be named and outed some day.

Yes he will. State attorneys, Postal Inspectors, and Federal agencies already given the info in a very concise and revealing report. A blueprint. Even if you know nothing about autographs, or the hobby, it's illuminating. Matter of time and pressure from his buyers. The ones actually defrauded, once they start getting the bad news about their prized signatures. Mind you, since multiple reports were filed, I have no doubt that a portion of his sales were to investigative agents, that's exactly how they work. They'll buy the questionable material and have their own forensics examine it and/or ask Stan Lee or an agent of his. POW! Entertainment already knows all about this. What this fool doesn't realize is that when his day comes in court, once it's been established that Stan didn't sign any of these, Since Stan is not the source, if the forger doesn't have a verifiable source for these, it's all on him, he's FUBAR.

Now that he's feeling untouchable and stepping up his game, exacerbating his efforts with $1000+ forgeries instead of $25 ones, his comeuppance will occur far sooner than later, Especially if he sells one and his buyer shows it to someone, PGX authenticated or not. His buyer may also be an agent. They don't mind spending the money to put criminals away. That's part of law enforcement and why they seize cash and property.

To be fair the ASM1 and a couple of others are actually pretty well done in comparison to Stan sigs that have been obtained since the publication of the book. 

13 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

To be fair the ASM1 and a couple of others are actually pretty well done in comparison to Stan sigs that have been obtained since the publication of the book. 

This. Some signatures pictured here look obviously fake. But some friends of mine just got legit Stan Lee signatures via a CGC facilitator a couple of months ago.  They look pretty bad. If you saw them on raw books for sale on eBay you might in fact believe they were forgeries.  Stan's signature the past year has gotten really....messy. 

As for PGX and their signature verification service....what to say?? What I think is most sad about it is that when PGX first started their signature verification service they were partnering with Collectors Shangri-La. Kevin Segall is a legitimate, respected expert in the field of signed collectibles. But that didn't last long. A professional's review and opinion costs money. Where pretend experts that already work there are virtually free. 

Edited by Tony S

1 hour ago, Tony S said:

This. Some signatures pictured here look obviously fake. But some friends of mine just got legit Stan Lee signatures via a CGC facilitator a couple of months ago.  They look pretty bad. If you saw them on raw books for sale on eBay you might in fact believe they were forgeries.  Stan's signature the past year has gotten really....messy. 

As for PGX and their signature verification service....what to say?? What I think is most sad about it is that when PGX first started their signature verification service they were partnering with Collectors Shangri-La. Kevin Segall is a legitimate, respected expert in the field of signed collectibles. But that didn't last long. A professional's review and opinion costs money. Where pretend experts that already work there are virtually free. 

I've seen the signatures from the last year. Messy, but still identifiable as Stan, or not. As stated previously, Tonfulle-84's forgeries aren't even second rate. I've yet to see him forge anything remotely convincing, from start, throughout to finish.

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

I've seen the signatures from the last year. Messy, but still identifiable as Stan, or not. As stated previously, Tonfulle-84's forgeries aren't even second rate. I've yet to see him forge anything remotely convincing, from start, throughout to finish.

The ASM 1 is pretty convincing... That signature looks like it was cracked out of a yellow label book any day of the week. 

Good day

I’m a noob collector and thanks to all you guys on cgc forums, became aware of tonfulle-84 forgeries

However, Im not sure but Tonfulle seem to have a similar hand in a lot of Stan Lee signed memorabilia that carry a PAAS COA. Just search PAAS Stan Lee on ebay. Here’s an example

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Comic-Book-Legend-Stan-Lee-Autographed-8-x-10-Hand-Signed-PAAS-w-COA-LA-Dodgers/152810176079?hash=item2394323e4f:g:Hk4AAOSwFp9aIT6N

The style seem similar as they look to me. Maybe he was hired to do these sigs and felt empowered to actually do them independent of PAAS?