• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen money - Stolen Blood - what next for Stan Lee?
1 1

68 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

The Red Violin (1998) Google: The intricate history of an antique violin (1681) painted with the maker's dead wife's blood, to keep her memory alive. Samuel Jackson is an auction house's expert and he becomes obsessed with it. Great movie.

One of my favorite films of all time, a Canadian production too :banana:

Ugh, this is all so gross.

What's next for Stan Lee? He's gonna drop dead at a comic convention, signing his name on a book he didn't even work on, most likely. Whether that will lead to a public outcry that will cast comic fandom in an unfavorable light, or just add sensationalism that will drive up prices of his sig, who knows? I don't want any part of it, though.

4 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Ugh, this is all so gross.

What's next for Stan Lee? He's gonna drop dead at a comic convention, signing his name on a book he didn't even work on, most likely. Whether that will lead to a public outcry that will cast comic fandom in an unfavorable light, or just add sensationalism that will drive up prices of his sig, who knows? I don't want any part of it, though.

what if yours was the book he was signing as he passed on? It's all so crass. 

Just now, NoMan said:

what if yours was the book he was signing as he passed on? It's all so crass. 

In that case, they'd probably wait just long enough to lift his body from the table so they could take a pic of "the last book Stan ever signed!" and list it on eBay.

6 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

In that case, they'd probably wait just long enough to lift his body from the table so they could take a pic of "the last book Stan ever signed!" and list it on eBay.

wonder what the first book he ever signed was? wonder if he ever signed anything for a fan in the 40s or 50s?

Edited by NoMan

Holy Cow!!! One of those comics just sold for $4,050 on ebay. I guess prices will be skyrocketing. It was a Rise of the Black Panther #1 Variant. I want one now. I guess the controversy is pushing prices up. How many were sold to the public before the store pulled them of the shelf. I can't find any other sales anywhere on the net.

32 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Come to think of it, didn’t Marvel do the whole “blood collectible” thing with one of their Kiss comics where the guys in the band gave blood that was poured and mix into the printer’s ink of the comic???

They did. I guess the demand was not there for Kiss #1. Too many on the market. On ebay there were 87 people watching the sole transaction today. Also there are a dime a dozen Kiss #1 on the market but where are the Rise of the Black Panther #1 Variants and Mighty Thor 700 dna solvent stamped? Think about that, just one sold on ebay so far. Also the store originally selling them said the took them of the shelf due to the circumstances surrounding the comic in regards to how the blood was obtained. My safe guess is less than 10 total were sold to the market or we would see way more for sale online. Ebayers love making money but no one is selling. Even the guy or gal who sold the comic today was located in Las Vegas where the comic was originally purchased. If you wanted one today was the day to bid because I am tearing up the internet trying to find just one with no luck. Stan Lee even mentioned within the last 24 hours that no one is scamming him and he is threatening suing if people say he is facing elder abuse. The significance of the two dna comics is huge. One is the number 3 most selling USA box office movie of all time and could take the number two spot any day, and the death of Thor. Those guys chose the right two comics to stamp. Even the news reporting of the two comics was impressive. TMZ, top news papers, and major news networks were talking about this thing. My two cents.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, ygogolak said:

And awwwayyy we go.....???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282914432249?rmvSB=true

$4,050 final price...for a product approved by a scam charity, stamped with ink made from Stan Lee blood, originally sold by the much maligned "Station" store, and probably bought off eBay by some weirdo who either knows nothing about comics or wants to clone Stan Lee.  What a world we live in...

an evil corporation headed by the evil mastermind Dr. Evil has designed a machine that will enable Stan Lee signatures to continue for the next thousand years. All they require is his hand. Once he passes away, his signing hand will be obtained and kept in preserved condition. The hand will be attached to the machine holding a black or silver sharpie and when your comic is placed on the holding platen, the machine will move the platen in a pattern that will replicate Stan Lee's signature perfectly each and every time. The evil corporation will make...1 million dollars!

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

an evil corporation headed by the evil mastermind Dr. Evil has designed a machine that will enable Stan Lee signatures to continue for the next thousand years. All they require is his hand. Once he passes away, his signing hand will be obtained and kept in preserved condition. The hand will be attached to the machine holding a black or silver sharpie and when your comic is placed on the holding platen, the machine will move the platen in a pattern that will replicate Stan Lee's signature perfectly each and every time. The evil corporation will make...1 million dollars!

Where does Mini Stan Lee factor into all of this???

as of today, Stan Lee is suing Olivarez for all profits from this and everything the guy stole from Stan this past year. Stay tuned.

but I misread your post, didn't see the joke "Mini Stan Lee" thought you said "Mr"

Edited by Aman619

What do you guys honestly think about the value of the comic in question? Rise of the Black Panther #1 DNA INK SOLVENT and the Mighty Thor 700. Do you think the few that were sold with the DNA stamp will be notorious in the comic book community or will it be a waste of time. I'm asking because of the attention it is getting, the lawsuits about to occur, and the scarcity of the comic. Regardless of the way the blood was obtained and the weirdness of the entire situation, will these things be sought after once Stan Lee passes on one day? A lot of people are bad mouthing the comic but if one popped up in front of you right now with only one verified transaction on the net and no others up for sale how many would buy it on the spot. I would. As a collector we all try to attain something in our collection that no one else has or can buy. Could these two comics potentially be a holy grail one day if only a couple were sold maybe 10 or less. Remember the Marvel Station store in Vegas took them of the shelf and not a lot were sold. Hands of Respect are now facing a lawsuit and would be foolish to even attempt to sell any more. Due to the severe lack of quantity on the net and media attention behind these books I feel their will always be a collector clamoring for these books to collect. What is everyones thoughts/opinions even if you would buy one or not.

5 minutes ago, Robbussum said:

What is everyones thoughts/opinions even if you would buy one or not.

Nope.  Given the circumstances, it's just plain creepy.  It's not like the KISS comic from the 70's where the band consented (and probably got paid a bunch of cash for putting their blood samples in the red ink).  This sounds like it was stolen from Stan under the guise of a medical sample.  Report was he got very week from them taking too much.    This is just bad mojo.....bad mojo jojo....I don't need that tainting my awesome collection.