• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas 2018 Update...some pics

37 posts in this topic

There was a library convention this year so the expo had to be held in a different part of the convention center.

A pic of outside waiting for the con!

20180406_135459.jpg

And hopefully I'll get some pics of wallbooks as well :foryou:

We know it's all that matters :)

Shout out to Duncanville comics for having minty books in the boxes, instead of just on the wall! A lot of box diving and a lot of vendors bringing their A game!

While conversing with CGC today, couldn't help but think "there must be a better way."

Feel free to weigh in on these thoughts:

- celebrity areas should have 1-2 "roaming" CGC witnesses....that way, people in line don't have to call/text/hunt someone down. 

-because...when it's a convention this big, 5 witnesses isn't enough. Dallas needs double that, probably more. I know I feel fortunate to get my signatures today, as did the others I talked to in line. It shouldn't be this stressful for the auto collectors, nor should it be this stressful for the CGC witnesses running all other the place.

-the good thing this year WAS placement of the CGC booth. Last year, it was way, way far back on the convention floor. This year, it was very close to the celebrity autograph area, and that was a much-needed upgrade.

-Despite this relative madness, everyone at CGC was professional, courteous, kind, pleasant, and patient. And, despite the very long lines for just about every celebrity I saw today, it sounded like everyone had a pleasant encounter with the people they were seeking.

@TheCollector2016 :shy:

I paid for some sigs with a credit card...$10 fee to use the credit card machine, get charged tax, $10 prepping fee for 2 books, so what would have cost me $205 ended up costing me $250!!

Good Times!!! 

What is fortunate is to know the facilitator I used is, well hasn't failed me yet to provide the best product imo :foryou:

Now let's see some pics! I feel a little foolish posting the thread without the wallbooks pics :blush:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Ha! I appreciate the excitement.

I prefer to share my books AFTER they come back graded. Just a personal thing. But after doing this for a few years now, I guess I'd describe myself as a "celebrity signed book" collector, and what I get signed and by whom is a bit different. 

The celebrities today reacted very positively to what I had them sign, as did the witnesses, and the CGC folks at the booth. I'm can't wait to get them back, and will post pics when they arrived. :) 

3 minutes ago, TheCollector2016 said:

Ha! I appreciate the excitement.

I prefer to share my books AFTER they come back graded. Just a personal thing. But after doing this for a few years now, I guess I'd describe myself as a "celebrity signed book" collector, and what I get signed and by whom is a bit different. 

The celebrities today reacted very positively to what I had them sign, as did the witnesses, and the CGC folks at the booth. I'm can't wait to get them back, and will post pics when they arrived. :) 

Right on!!

Ben Affleck was a last minute arrival. Otherwise good show!