• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sort of specific question about TMNT 1 vs 2, cover paper

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I recently picked up a #2 1st print and I was kind of surprised how not-glossy the cover was. It almost feels like newsprint. Is this normal for #2? I have never handled a #1 1st print but I have a CGC second print and it seems glossier/of heavier stock. I may very well be being paranoid. :p

Edited by TheAvenger80

9 hours ago, TheAvenger80 said:

Hey guys, I recently picked up a #2 1st print and I was kind of surprised how not-glossy the cover was. It almost feels like newsprint. Is this normal for #2? I have never handled a #1 1st print but I have a CGC second print and it seems glossier/of heavier stock. I may very well be being paranoid. :p

This is normal.  Copies of #1 have a semi-glossy cover, while #2 had a more matte finish cover. While it is more standard paper-y feel it is a thicker density just like you would expect with a cover. Then #3 and 4 resumed the semi-glossy cover like #1.

14 hours ago, TheAvenger80 said:

Yes.