• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention 2018
3 3

99 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

who's kelly freas collection was on display?...if you can a few more freas shots, thanks

I'll post a few more shots later in the week, but I know I didn't take as many pics as previous cons. The gallery is open to all attendees who generously choose to share their treasures, so it's really just a peek into any number of people's collections. As with anything, there are a few big fish that predominate given the year however.

36 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Curious, who is Gene the comic dealer? I can see a book or two there I wouldn't mind checking out. 

Gene Carpenter - All American Comics

Thanks for the report. The Windy City Show is a favorite of mine. I miss it so since moving to the East Coast. Great to see it brings out all great material and hasn't lost its cool old-school vibe.

Any pictures of the lots for the auction?

3 comic book related cons in Chicago this weekend.  I hadn't heard of this one before but it's on my radar for next year.  Was at Walker Stalker this weekend and they had a little GA ( SA , etc comics) as well

Edited by Chicago Boy

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

Great wall books photos ! i am salivating......

Great selection, right? Definitely something for everyone with every genre represented.

They take down the wall books each evening, so the selection varies day to day. On Friday, I commented how interesting it was to see Mickey Mouse Magazine number one (yes, the one from 1935!) on the top row with the Marvel Preview mag featuring Star-Lord. What a contrast. 

13 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

And there is I dream of Jeanie #1 on the top row again. 3rd time in the past couple of months I've seen this on a wall rack. Heating up? or just by chance????

I understand the Dell and Gold Key photo covers are hot again - but probably just the #1's and in higher grade.

36 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Hey Pop, did you get to see Steranko? I heard he was there. He's a big pulp fan. I've sold him a bunch in the past. One of the coolest guys to talk to. 

He was the guest of honor last year. He comes to the show often, but I don't think he was there this year. He'd be a hard guy to miss, as he always draws a crowd. People hang around as he tells stories and the crowd just grows. Talk about a colorful and interesting past...