• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New comic wrinkles?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I got my asm 798 ross virgin variant in and noticed the back cover is very wavy.

Curious if this is normal or would have to get pressed out if I wanted to get it graded a 9.8. 

Hard to see since it has a white back cover but you can see the shadows from the ripples.

20180409_154744.jpg

20180409_154748.jpg

20180409_154756.jpg

20180409_154814.jpg

I posted something similar in the Ebay thread.  The seller said they received many copies, and they were all like that. They also stated (like someone else in the thread), that too much ink may have been used.  My pictures look similar to yours, and the waviness is more pronounced in person, and is also evident on the front cover.

I'm also curious if a pressing would help this.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/388611-ebay-the-ebay-official-ebay-thread-ebay/?do=findComment&comment=10175465

I noticed the same thing with my Weapon H #1 Crain Homage variant. When I went to put the comic into a mylar bag I noticed that the paper stock seemed to be very thin. The corners of the cover will float up when you just hold the comic flat in your hand. Pressing would help if the cover had a non-color breaking crease but it won't change the quality of the paper. The warping I consider to be ink saturation also because of the thin paper stock. All in all these are poor quality printing issues which a seller would have no control over. 2c

Edited by kairos70