• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free State Comic Con -- September 8, 2018 (Lawrence, KS)

10 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, D Stuart said:

That sucks man! Good for my wallet, bad for my good times! 

I can always harm the wallet from afar, but yes, bad for the good times and restaurant/bar bottom lines.

This year's Free State show was a real treat! A recent estate sale in the area brought over 100 impressive pre-code and pre-hero books to the market and they were the belles of this ball.  Customer flow started off a bit slower than usual, but I will attribute that to the weather, which started off kinda shaky and continually got better as the day wore on and the customer traffic followed the same pattern.  Outside of the pre-code/pre-hero stuff mentioned above, not many wall books were moving.  The main exception to that was anything Ms./Captain Marvel.  Ms./Captain Marvel keys were moving off of the vendors' walls, but not much else of significance to note or trend to reference.  The lone copy of Carnage: Mind Bomb in the room did sell. Customers ravenously hit discount and dollar boxes all day long, which is typical for this show.  

All in all, it was a solid showing for Free State 2018.