• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 March 22-24, 2019, It's Still Never Too Early or to late
3 3

120 posts in this topic

This will be my 6th C2E2 in a row and I'm let down so far by the lack of guests in artist alley which is my favorite part of the show...I know Perez and Wolfman, Silvestri will be there but it doesn't interest me all that much. And for it being the 10 year anniversary for C2E2 I thought there would be more guests. IM NOT and entertainment guest fan AT ALL! and could care less about those announcements. 

I know the last 2 years they've had Frank Miller, Jim Lee and others but i was hoping for a lot more.

OH well now i can just walk around aimlessly (for 3 days), spending abundantly, and EATING LIKE THERE IS NO MORE FOOD!! so it should be fun in my favorite place to go chicago at my favorite comic con C2E2!!

PM me if anyone wants to meet up at the show, if not LETS ALL HAVE FUN!!!!!!

SEE YOU THERE!

17 hours ago, Raze said:

This will be my 6th C2E2 in a row and I'm let down so far by the lack of guests in artist alley which is my favorite part of the show...I know Perez and Wolfman, Silvestri will be there but it doesn't interest me all that much. And for it being the 10 year anniversary for C2E2 I thought there would be more guests. IM NOT and entertainment guest fan AT ALL! and could care less about those announcements. 

I know the last 2 years they've had Frank Miller, Jim Lee and others but i was hoping for a lot more.

OH well now i can just walk around aimlessly (for 3 days), spending abundantly, and EATING LIKE THERE IS NO MORE FOOD!! so it should be fun in my favorite place to go chicago at my favorite comic con C2E2!!

SEE YOU THERE!

Did you look at the Artist Alley list?
There were quite a few names on there that weren't under the "Comic Guests" section on their website that I was surprised weren't announced on social media.

2 hours ago, eewwnuk said:

Like who?

I guess the two I was most surprised to not be noted on social media were Babs Tarr, Stephanie Hans and Daniel Warren Johnson.

But there were some other names I recognized that I'm sure have a lot of fans that would have at least showed up as comic guests: David Mack, Guillory, Elias Chatzoudis, and Sabine Rich.

I know these people aren't Frank Miller/Jim Lee big, but they are recognizable names.

Edited by austinhg

1 hour ago, austinhg said:

I guess the two I was most surprised to not be noted on social media were Babs Tarr, Stephanie Hans and Daniel Warren Johnson.

But there were some other names I recognized that I'm sure have a lot of fans that would have at least showed up as comic guests: David Mack, Guillory, Elias Chatzoudis, and Sabine Rich.

I know these people aren't Frank Miller/Jim Lee big, but they are recognizable names.

Yeah I find them not announcing David Mack a little weird.  Daniel Warrne Johnson's current book Murder Falcon is AMAZING!!!

On 2/16/2019 at 10:47 PM, Raze said:

SEE YOU THERE!

Make sure to swing by C-15 in artist alley and spend abundantly.  Kidding.  Just swing by and say hello.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:08 PM, austinhg said:

Did you look at the Artist Alley list?
There were quite a few names on there that weren't under the "Comic Guests" section on their website that I was surprised weren't announced on social media.

OF COURSE NOT!!!!!! I did wind up looking at that list and there still isn't a lot for me...(just artist I've seen multiple times and ill see again) The only one id like to see again is Ryan Ottley I love him, but hell be busy with the ASM fans. He did my current avatar.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:03 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

1sttime going to this one... any pro hints or things i need to know?

Yeah Ill offer my 2c

This depends on how many days you're going!

1. there is a lot to take in so download the free C2E2 app. In that app you can make a list of people you want to see and where they are. Same thing with panel times which the app will send notifications an hour before time.

2. I don't buy the first thing I see!!!! I take a card and mark what aisle its in and come back later ( unless its limited or its a great deal). remember you don't want to spend all your money on the first day.

3. If you buy comics from dealers/artist its good to have a comic portfolio box (or 2 or 5 like me) which you can by at any LCS or from @HOTFLIPS at the show ( i recommend @HOTFLIPS ive bought from them while at the show and they beat the other dealers there).

4.bring a backpack with snacks and a refillable bottle!!!!! it also carries your comic boxes from @HOTFLIPS Also this is a PRO TIP... if you buy lunch in the cafe and by a fountain soda refills are free ALL DAY!

5.Grab a free program if you don't use the app. it has all the info you need. plus the cover art is by Jason Fabok so get one!!!!

6. Get there early! show starts at 10 so be there at 9...the line sucks especially on Saturday ( boooooooooooo on Saturday to many people, friday is the BEST DAY HANDS DOWN!!!!)

7.Have fun walk down very asile look at all the dorks people in cosplay.

8. stop by and see your cgc friends @MrBedrock  @Dale Roberts @jadams @HOTFLIPS and say Hi! ( is this an ad for Hotflips?) SORRY IF I MISSED ANYONE!! these are the only people i know form the boards and they don't know me which is fine!

9.Pay attention to the weather the week of the show. Chicago can have great weather or bad weather this time of year. also coat check is very reasonable!

If Ive missed something anyone can chime in or you can PM me and we can talk to and or meet up at the show.

On 2/17/2019 at 5:03 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

1sttime going to this one... any pro hints or things i need to know?

I usually only go for Artist Alley; so I'm not too keen on the panels and such, but here's some tips that I wish I would have known my first time:

• I've gone the last two years on Saturday only, and it seemed like Artist Alley got a lot less busy after ~12pm.
  • Be prepared to wait in the CGC line if you're getting Signature Series books.
  • All of the restaurants that aren't snack carts tend to sell out of food pretty quickly.
  • Alcohol lines get longer as the day goes - if you want a beer you may want to get one earlier on.
  • What @Raze said about portfolio boxes will save your life. (thumbsu
  • I've also had comic store owners tell me to bungee cord a long box to one of those collapsible hand carts if you have a lot of books.
    • I don't do this because I don't take a lot of books, but I always see people with carts full of books on the floor.

All Great Info.. Also...1 Tip (Portfolio Boxes is a Must)   Tip the Artists that sign your books for free if they have a Jar Out.  It helps.  

Be Safe, Drink more than Beer and Booze, Be Patient and HAVE FUN

.Oh and  on Saturday if you see this Guy....Say Hello

download.jpg

Edited by Jaydee