• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 March 22-24, 2019, It's Still Never Too Early or to late
3 3

120 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Yes sir. Says so on the main site.

Fantastic !  Thanks. Didn’t see it.  I’ve never done it before. Definatejy going to do it this go around.  Do you mind explaining best practices —drop off/ pick up and submission forms ??

35 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Fantastic !  Thanks. Didn’t see it.  I’ve never done it before. Definatejy going to do it this go around.  Do you mind explaining best practices —drop off/ pick up and submission forms ??

From what I experienced last year, they open up submission forms a few weeks ahead of the show. So when you go the main site and go the the submit comics page a new selection appears for On Site subs. You’ll fill out the form for each book and print it out. Take it with you to the show with your books and head to the CGC booth right away. 

Last year I had trouble arriving on time and was met with a huuuuge line. Over an hour wait. So be prepared for that if you’re not there early. Lots of people submit. 

Got my books done by the end of the show on Sunday. Great service, but again it is a long wait in line. Good luck, have fun!

1 hour ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

From what I experienced last year, they open up submission forms a few weeks ahead of the show. So when you go the main site and go the the submit comics page a new selection appears for On Site subs. You’ll fill out the form for each book and print it out. Take it with you to the show with your books and head to the CGC booth right away. 

Last year I had trouble arriving on time and was met with a huuuuge line. Over an hour wait. So be prepared for that if you’re not there early. Lots of people submit. 

Got my books done by the end of the show on Sunday. Great service, but again it is a long wait in line. Good luck, have fun!

Thanks man. Appreciate the insight 👍🏻  What day is the latest do you recommend drop off for a Sunday end of day pick up ? ( I’m assuming Friday (?) but I wasn’t planning on going until Saturday ....at least until this came  up ) 

Edited by Chicago Boy

4 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Thanks man. Appreciate the insight 👍🏻  What day is the latest do you recommend drop off ( I’m assuming Friday but I wasn’t going until Saturday ) 

Not too sure on that...last year was the first time I went all 3 days, really only because of submissions, since I remember reading that books probably wouldn’t be ready until Sunday. Without hearing from someone who has successfully submitted as late as Saturday, I’d say that could be too late. If you have your heart set on on site subbing, my best advice is to get there Friday. I believe there’s some threads from last year on the subject that might give more insight. Google CGC on site submissions and it’ll come up. 

Plus, with so much to see (depending on your interests) Saturday isn’t enough time to really enjoy the show IMO. I’m glad I switched to 3 days. 

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Thanks man. Appreciate the insight 👍🏻  What day is the latest do you recommend drop off for a Sunday end of day pick up ? ( I’m assuming Friday (?) but I wasn’t planning on going until Saturday ....at least until this came  up ) 

i got a sketch back on midday saturday and got it back on sunday right at show close. CGC has certain cut off times for on site grading. i think it depends on how many books they get.

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

also since you live in chicago if you can go on friday its the best experience!

22 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

We are sharing part of graham crackers vintage booth again this year. 

Gator, good to see you will be there and hope things are going good for you and your family. May get a wild hair and make the trek again this year from AL. This time I will bring more appropriate clothing, wasn't quite prepared last year.

39 minutes ago, CCComics said:

Gator, good to see you will be there and hope things are going good for you and your family. May get a wild hair and make the trek again this year from AL. This time I will bring more appropriate clothing, wasn't quite prepared last year.

It snowed on us last year!

Total noob (today) but spending a LOT of time working through all this and since I live in the Chicago burbs, C2E2 live grading makes the most sense for me... that said, I can only swing a one day pass. If I go on Friday...how do I pickup Sunday unless I have a pass for that day? Do I have to pay for Friday *AND* Sunday? There's no free pickup pass or something, is there? Please don't throw rocks at me. :-/ 

This will be my first time going to C2E2 and I wanted to get some comics graded onsite. I went to complete the online submission form and there wasn't an option to grade onsite or even drop off. Is there a limit to how many submissions they take and they close it off? Is it just a website glitch? Any info is appreciated!